Where couldn't you live?

Sponsored Links
Of course not all dog owners are badly behaved.

However, a number of them give the rest a bad name, by such behaviours as:

a. Allowing dogs to bark incessantly
When I wasn't long moved in here, I was out painting the wooden fascia around my garage roof. Beautiful summer day. Houses off to my right, houses off to my left. To my right, from somewhere, an incessantly yappy little dog. Then, after a few mins, from my left all you heard from somewhere was 'WILL YOU SHUT THAT F***ING DOG UP!!!'

I'm assuming the message was heard loud and clear, cause 10 secs later the dog couldn't be heard :)

It's back to this thing about what is/isn't acceptable noise. You might have a neighbour who loves their dog and it doesn't bother them in the slightest that it barks/yaps much of the time. However, it can be argued if it happens a lot, it's a form of noise pollution. e.g. you want to chill in peace and quiet in your back garden and all you hear is WOOF WOOF WOOF from next door or somewhere close by.

All my neighbours make an effort to quieten their dogs if they bark. But it is just another part of life really, dogs bark, people sing, car engines rev, doorbells ring, helicopters fly overhead, and sometimes it rains hard. No big deal, so long as nobody takes the ****. Dodgy people casing places out soon turn on their heels when they hear the dogs going off.

Sponsored Links
Exactly!! As I clearly stated the fact I have always been lucky with where I have lived but if/when dynamics of the area often in close proximity of my humble detached property changed, EG dog owners, smokers and/or igornant people moved in, we moved. It's happened once and we moved after 4 years insead of the average 6 years.

I've found that those that live in smelly homes are nose blind and blinding those that point it out to them re their stench and at times people stop visiting them.

FFS - why live in a property with dogs and have carpers FFS, its a recipe for a massive stench. That stench then works into the owner's clothing etc, very disgusting indeed.

We move if we have to and are lucky that we can. The property we live in atm has massive front and rear gardens so if someone else was to move in and had dog/s and as bad and/or smoked, we may get away with it. Btw, they should ban people from smoking outside as their smell goes into other people and their property.

There is a way of looking after a dog - have a massive house, have marble flooring with heating under the tiles, wash the dog daily, groom it daily and keep the dog outside the house at night time build the dog their own property. People should also be banned for having more than one dog as often most find it hard enough to look after one of them

We would not own a dog as we could never dedicate the time to the nice dog unless we were very rich and lived in a massive mansion and had a fT person looking after the dog.

Some people put up with smells as often they dont know they smell but not for me, us
The dynamics of the area change when you move in and everyone else moves.
Ghastly human being.

Dogs only bark if the owner let's it. Telling your dog to shut up doesn't make you a bad person.

Well yes, but there is a difference between barking all day long, and the occasional bark. It's all about training.

Last year me and my OH stopped across the road when this woman had 4 dogs one big one and three small ones and she knew we were watching and then another woman with another dog came along she blurted out, "oh, I'll come and pick this up later as I've ran out of bags... at times only ones goes to the toilet today all have."
How did she get into your gated cul de sac?

We were sat in an outdoor eating area today, just down the way were a couple with a yapping mutt, jumping up at everyone who walked past, sat next to us was a guy with a Collie, when it heard the yapping its ears perked up & it stood up, one word from the owner it was back down again

Sponsored Links
Back