Where do i even start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to decorate a bedroom and i have no idea what to do!

The problem is that around the room the paint is flaking - you can pick off 2/3mm pieces, leaving the plaster board exposed. This means if i paint over it it'll look hideous and also just flake off eventually.

What on earth do i do?[/b]

Sponsored Links
You need a sound surface or it'll always look rubbish. Flake off or sand off all the flaky stuff.

Get a decent plasterer in and get it skimmed.

Otherwise you will waste time (and money) trying to bodge it right.

Sponsored Links
You will certainly need to remove all of the loose stuff.

Apart from that, I would wait for my tame plasterer to come round and check the job out then take his advice. The guy I use always pops round one evening in the week just to check it out, then comes round at the weekend to get the job done - in this way, I can pick his brains and years of experience.

HTH

Remove the flakes first. Then you need to plaster/sand between the boards to get an even surface. Do you intent to paint the wall or decorate it with wallpaper?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back