Where do you pee when there is no toilet?

With the closing of public loos, these days the only ones you can find are usually locked with RADAR keys. Luckily the keys are only a few quid on amazon so it's handy to keep one in the car....

Top tip. Thanks. Just ordered a pack of three for three quid on Amazon - they’ll make good Christmas presents for some of my incontinent friends. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Also the toilets are generally only locked to prevent misuse by those not actually in need of the toilet - NOT to prevent anyone using the toilet so don't let anyone tell you that you must be visibly disabled to use it.
When you gotta go you gotta go.

When I was an appentise with gods poor orphans the guys on the road used to have in the back of the vans a tool known as a 'Hand Bowl' - similar to a 9in wok. Think it was surposed to be used to get water out of manholes before the days of pumps. Once used the 'liquid' would be disposed of underneath the van.

Today isn't a plastic milk bottle the way to go (for a worker)?

Walking back across the road to my garage this summer, I saw what appeared to be a human turd on a rag in the road. I ran the CCTV back and saw someone pull up in a long wheelbase white van and climb into the back from the drivers seat. After a while he climbed back into the front, got out, went and opened the back doors and pretended to be sorting something out. He then picked out the turd, threw it under the van, closed the doors, got in and drive off. No shame.

Sponsored Links
Afaik this use of WC facilities for delivery drivers was raised at a recent union ?? or what ever ?? conference ?

was on the radio a while back .

If I recall drivers delivering to commercial premises ? will have a legal right to use WC facilities ?? due to a proposed new law /legislation ??

some thing like that any way ???????

If I recall drivers delivering to commercial premises ? will have a legal right to use WC facilities ?? due to a proposed new law /legislation ??
Do we deduce from that that there are at present commercial premises that would refuse a delivery driver the use of the WC?

Do we deduce from that that there are at present commercial premises that would refuse a delivery driver the use of the WC?

I don't know tbh , but the rights of delivery drivers to use facilities was def discussed on the radio & afai recall some thing was going to be put into

law ??????

You are a part of the problem.

I don't know what world you live in, but it isn't the one the rest of us have to make do with.

We have customers who book us to work on their sites, then do nothing other than moan about the fact that we are there, and are inconveniencing them.
Such is life.......

This is rather a 5hit topic I'm suprised knowsnowt hasn't been making lots of verbal diarrhea posts on it ....He usually does ......

NB the date 2013
HSE has been aware for some time of concerns around access to welfare facilities for visiting delivery drivers. We have reviewed our approach including guidance to duty holders and re-examined the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, in particular Regulations 20 and 21. We will begin to update our guidance to say that drivers must have access to welfare facilities in the premises they visit as part of their work. As this is likely to take some time, key stakeholders are being informed now.

The welfare of all workers is a priority and we have consistently said that drivers should have this sort of access. We also recognise that the majority of duty holders do already provide reasonable access to toilets.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/l24.htm

So, when the Amazon driver delivers your Christmas orders and wants to have a dump as he's had a strong curry last night, don't forget you have to give him access to your downstairs bog to have a good clear out......:eek:

Sponsored Links
Back