where does this trickle vent go ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys :D

ive just replaced in upvc window, ive put in all the glass...then realised i had this trickle vent left...my questions are

how do you fit this ?
do i need to take out the window unit, as its a bugger to take out, tried it with a scraper, but cannot get the side strips out.
the window frame has some slots cut out at the top, inside and out, so does one bit go outside and the other bit inside ?

see attached images

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes, the ventilation goes through the slots, and the bits you have are to cover the slots, for appearance and to keep insects out.

JohnD said:
yes, the ventilation goes through the slots, and the bits you have are to cover the slots, for appearance and to keep insects out.
so i do not need to take out the sealed window unit??..just screw the piece with the wire gauze on the outside and the other piece which is kind of a flap on the inside...?..is that correct ?

probably, but I don't know the construction of your window. Ask the supplier.

Sponsored Links
Yes but be careful when drilling ;)

Or you can glue it with white upvc glue instead

Looking at the image, I'd say there's no need to take the glass out. It just needs screwing on (but take the protective film off first).

The manufacturer really aught to have fitted these in the factory!

conservatoryTV said:
Looking at the image, I'd say there's no need to take the glass out. It just needs screwing on (but take the protective film off first).

The manufacturer really aught to have fitted these in the factory!
cheers guys..your right mate.no need for the glass to be removed, one bit screw inside, the other iutside..thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back