Where is my delivery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Placed an order for roofing tiles. Received an email stating they will be delivered 24th August. They must be signed for.

Stayed home all day waiting, so have lost income.

And,........... no tiles.

No phone call.

Nothing.

Not impressed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ring them, bet they have all gone home by now.

Andy

The phone line has been 'busy' since 1630 hrs. I have just rung and it still is so the phone is clearly off the hook.

They will not be delivered now so,..

Roofstores.co.uk

Dot-com suppliers are the reason builders choose to use builders merchants so that they don't waste £300 waiting for £100 worth of stuff.

Dot-com suppliers are the reason builders choose to use builders merchants so that they don't waste £300 waiting for £100 worth of stuff.

I was foolishly tempted by a £300 bill opposed to the £500 one the builders merchant wanted to hand me.

Wtf? I just came home from work and there's a load of roof tiles been dropped on my drive. :mad:

We got through to Roofstore at 0830hrs this morning and was told that they would contact the local branch. We then got a call to say that the branch had not received the delivery request, but the tiles would be delivered today.
They arrived at 1300hrs on the back of a SIG truck. It would seem that Roofstore and SIG are the same company or otherwise connected.

So all is now well (y)

We got through to Roofstore at 0830hrs this morning and was told that they would contact the local branch. We then got a call to say that the branch had not received the delivery request, but the tiles would be delivered today.
They arrived at 1300hrs on the back of a SIG truck. It would seem that Roofstore and SIG are the same company or otherwise connected.

So all is now well (y)

After reading your original post, I, like many others, Googled "roofstore" & instantly discovered that as it is essentially a marketing tool of the Sig group then you have nothing 'inherently' to worry about being ripped off on the internets.

After reading how the thread has gone so far . . . I'm beginning to think that this is a classic example of 'guerilla marketing', whose sole purpose is to gently introduce replacing quality staff in the branch's with a non entity website backed up by minimum wage monkeys on the telephones.

I spend approx £30-40k a year with my Sig branch & so far there's been no major problems.

I may have to re-think !

In fairness, I paid £315 for 350 'Mini Stonewold' tiles delivered, from Roofstores. From the builders merchant I would have paid £588. A saving of £273. So even though they were late, It has still been a worthwhile purchase.
I did not get a price from a SIG branch.

Sponsored Links
Back