Where to get energy for the future

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read an article where sturgeon said drilling the North sea more and building nuclear plants isn't the answer to end reliance of globalised energy resources.

But it appears she didn't say what we should be doing.

What is everyone's thoughts on where we go from here?

I see our electricity production depending on where you look is around 70% fossil fuel, and 77% of homes rely on natural gas for heating.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wind, it's the cheapest form of electricity now and the price is likely to keep dropping now floating turbines are being demonstrated.

Peddle power

every one has a static push bike in there house to generate leccy :idea:

than there is slash power

Charge you mobile phone with a slash bag

They were on about it some while
Just needs scaling up imo

massive slash bag in yer house want to watch tv or what ever take a slash :idea:

:)

Sturgeon is an absolute effing doughball and there’s armies of wee auld wifies who worship the ground she walks on.

The answer of course is North Sea Oil, Nuclear and a mix of wind/water/solar green tech

I am wishing I had my Monty. Ran on chip oil no worries.

And I fancy a biomass wood burner with back boiler tapped into our water and CH system.

Sturgeon is an absolute effing doughball and there’s armies of wee auld wifies who worship the ground she walks on.

I've heard women who disagree with her view that "woman" is just a word, and not an actual person who is an adult human female.

It seems to me that as a society we are fast losing the ability to think clearly & look to the future with any kind of optimism.

Your future personal energy needs will be controlled by a corporation. After the current brief period of unnatural high prices & a (possible) future brief period of total unavailability, you will be on your knee's & BEGGING for that energy.

You will own nothing & you will be happy.

You will not care where or how the energy is sourced, you will only be grateful that are warm & safe.

The price of electricity from wind is lower than had been predicted, and is the cheapest form available.

This would be embarrassing for any government that signed a contract with foreign nukes that are guaranteed to cost us more than the market price.

"According to the Department’s latest electricity generation cost report, offshore wind projects which come online between now and 2030 will produce power at an average cost of £47 per megawatt-hour over the course of their lifetime. BEIS’s previous forecast had placed the figure at £103 per megawatt-hour.

From both being forecast at £64/MWh in 2016, the equivalent figures for onshore wind and large-scale solar have also fallen, to £45/MWh and £39/MWh respectively.

In comparison, BEIS is forecasting that the levelised cost of energy (LCOE) for new gas will reach £82 per megawatt-hour by 2030 and that the LCOE for new nuclear will reach £93 per megawatt-hour within the same timeframe."

https://www.edie.net/news/10/UK-Government-halves-offshore-wind-cost-forecasts/

Than of course there is deep
Sea mining

Oil in Antartica

What with leccy prices about to go through the roof best advised to switch off the air source heat pumps :ROFLMAO:

Free charging up at super markets

that should change

buy a lecccy car get yer snouts out of the trough and pay yer way

not be subsidised by every one else

same with yer air source

to many spongers in the UK as it is we don’t need any more

spongers under the guise of saving the planet

( ball cocks :ROFLMAO:)

I've heard women who disagree with her view that "woman" is just a word, and not an actual person who is an adult human female.

She's another idiot who concerns herself way too much with nonsense like that and says whatever she thinks her base would wag their tail to. That's a good example you gave actually because if you had asked her that same question 6-7 years ago, she would have laughed at you.

Sponsored Links
Back