Where would a wireless thermostat receiver be..

None of it is looking very logical - might this wireless stat perhaps have nothing at all to do with the system? Might there be no stat at all, or even a wired stat on the wall somewhere?
Agree, had us a goose chase up til now :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agree, had us a goose chase up til now :rolleyes:

It would probably be easier to find a goose then this b***y thing.....

I'm not optimistic that if I get British Gas in to a system which is working (at the moment) they will have much enthusiasm for finding the receiver and will just head off to the next job...

Sponsored Links
Mmm, evenings come and the radiators are getting cold.

I spoke to the thermostat people and we powered down the boiler and when switching the electricity back on re-linked the stat.

Will a plumber be up for sorting out a new wireless thermostat or do I need an electrician ?

To clarify, whilst I did relink the stat it’s not working again this evening.

Will a plumber be up for sorting out a new wireless thermostat or do I need an electrician ?

Difficult one - not all plumbers are electrically competent and not all electricians can cope with controls. Your are really looking for a Gas Safe guy who is familar with controls wiring.

Have you tried moving the stat closer to the area where you guess the receiver is?

Difficult one - not all plumbers are electrically competent and not all electricians can cope with controls. Your are really looking for a Gas Safe guy who is familar with controls wiring.

Have you tried moving the stat closer to the area where you guess the receiver is?

Yup, tried it near the boiler and the cylinder. Will be (mildly) interesting to see if it works in the morning…

Yup, tried it near the boiler and the cylinder. Will be (mildly) interesting to see if it works in the morning…

Just a thought - might the stat include a facility to show signal strength? If it does, it might help you trace the receiver.

In your pics you show a 2 port zone valve for the HW you must have one for the CH also, the receiver will be connected to that

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ahhh...

When we moved into the house, like most people, we had boxes everywhere. One of the bedrooms had sliding wardrobes so obviously we just filled it with boxes of stuff we carry from one house to the next never using any of the stuff.

So as I'd looked everywhere else I thought I'd take a look....

IMG_4703.jpg

obviously the ghostly light wasn't lit.....

...and opening the door revealed a hidden room with guess what !

IMG_4702a.jpg

So now I can at least do some debugging and see if the receiver is on when I think it should be.

Thanks for all the help so far, I now where the stat is and have gained an extra room !

Cheers,

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 62
I got a massive 'secret room', my loft come electronics workshop. My present partner of two years, Wendy has never been up there, despite my invites. It's all done out and carpeted with a velux, workbenches, leather office chair, desk and transceivers etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back