Wireless Thermostat Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wired thermostat for my heating is in the hall and I want to move it to the Lounge To continue using the current thermostat I shall have to do a fair amount of channelling/drilling of walls to accommodate the wire so I'm thinking wireless.
Now I don't want anything like a Hive or DT92E I just want a thermostat that will switch heating on/off via a receiver, no TPI or fuzzy logic just a thermostat that works like my current device. So does anyone know of or can they recommend such a product.

Sponsored Links
Most I think are tpi, but should still work the same as your current thermostat. Plenty of non fancy pants thermostats available.

Why don't you want TPI? It's there to save you money and make your home more comfortable

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What’s tpi? :cautious:
Time Proportional Integral. It's a halfway house between very basic on/off and load compensating controls which use OpenTherm or some sort of bus system. TPI controls usually incorporate means of adjusting switching differentials, cycle rates and the like to configure them to the system they're fitted to. They'll also often measure rate of temperature change and turn the heating off suitably early to prevent overshoot.

For example, a basic on/off control set to 21 will turn the boiler off at 21, but the remaining energy in the system means that the room will overshoot that by some margin. A TPI control might turn the boiler off at a room temp of 20, anticipating that the remaining heat in the system will make up the extra degree to achieve the desired room temperature without the boiler continuing to fire. This leads to both increased comfort and reduced energy bills.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back