Where's the grub screw on my mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help. A while ago a plumber fitted a new mixer tap in the kitchen. It's and Ideal tap, not sure what make, but lookign around it may be a Cerasprint.

It's now become loose where it fits to the worktop. So, I need to get to the nut to tighten it. But there's no grub screw as I expected to enable me to take the top off to get to the nut.

Can someone tell me how the heck I take this thing apart?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo andyatvanda and welcome :D :D :D :D

could be several ways
the centre top could pop off revealing a circlip or screw it may just pull off if its nurrled

you may need to unscrew the three or four rods that are round the handle

If the tap is loose on the work top the nut is underneath the mixer under the worktop. If the spout is loose there could be a grub on the back of the mixer or turn the spout through 90' from the front to either the left or right and pull up the spout and it should pop out.

Sponsored Links
if your mixer is a mono mixer (being one hole) you will have either one or two short threaded bars on the underside of you sink with two brass hex sockets which you need to tighten up.hey presto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back