Which Alarm

john
and yes i am a proffesional alarm installer, with over 25 years experience and over 2000 systems installed to date.

In that case you'll know what I say is true. He can get a texecom R8 with PIRs and bellbox for about £150. The rest is just not going to make one bit of difference is it? If you are honest.

(and why can't a 'proffesional' spell professional?)

Sponsored Links
Joe,

You are correct in saying that an alarm kit that costs £150 is going to do the same job as one that costs £800, but I will also use the analogy that a £6000 Kia Picanto is going to get someone from A to B as will a £25,000 Audi A6.

The thing is not everybody wants a Kia if they can afford an Audi. Some people will pay for the flush LCD keypads, UDL software, expandability, generally better build quality and indepth programming that a £30 Texecom R8 just can't offer. Same goes for PIRs, sounders etc.

I totally agree with both arguments, one spending so much on a system or two going for a cheaper option or even making sure the doors/ windows are secure.

To be honest the doors and windows are secure, the buglers literally walked straight in through the front door as they had some sort of special key which opens double glazing doors only. I am now in the process of getting a second wooden door put in.

My area was never a crime area and over the last few months things have been getting really bad. Over the past 4 weeks, there have been 6 burglaries, 2 on my road and 4 on the road behind and in front, all in the same manner.

Also, as I’m in the process of replacing all the flooring and redecorating the house/ new plastering etc etc, its best to run all the cables now as majority of the cabling can be hidden, at the same time want a good system that can deliver the goods.

Hi Guys

Can someone point me to the right direction in trying to locate the Belden 4 core and 6 core cabling.

Been looking around and theres so many different variants

Sponsored Links
Hello tazer,

Have you decided on what system you are going to go for?
Also if you require cable most electrical wholesalers will have it. Although the 4 core for the galaxy data runs is a bit harder to come by.
I can get the cable you require. If you get a chance and you want some more help contact me.

Hi

I've decided to go for the texecom premier range. Are you doing good deals on this ;)

also will need the cabling for this unit.

I can get the texecom range of kit with no problems and I'm sure we can sort some sort of deal on a complete system.

Business must be bad if you have to tout your wares in the forum. :rolleyes:

just fitted a texecom prem 24 in my parents house, took a weekend to do, don't bother with loads of keypads, if they are going at entry/exits then fit a hardened reader for full arming, put one keypad at the location of night arming for part arms

Hi SteNova

Im looking to install 2 keypads, one upstairs and downstairs near the main front door, what was the problems you were having during the installation.

Is the problem with the installation or programming the unit with the different zones etc etc.

All, Thanks for all your help in making me decide which system to go for

Tazer, unless I missed the memo, the Texecom Premier 48 doesn't have any wireless capabilities built in, you need an extra module.

Do you want speech dialler capabilities, or would something like the COM2400 do as this fits internally and can send you text messages.

The installation manuals come on the CD with the panel, but you can also get the PDF from Texecom without any trouble.

I'd also suggest you get the PC USB-COM, (and Wintex) to make programming so much simpler.

Yes your right it doesnt come with the wirless module in the 48 panel.

My mistake, the guy did actually say best to go for the 48 panel due to expandability as im having the gsm module, wireless, if later x10 etc etc

I did write the wireless 32xp module done but misread it.

Ive managed to find the manuals prior to the installation.

hmmm looks like there will be plenty or errors and alot of patience required.

I think the wiring will be pretty straight forward but the config process will be difficult.

Unless you've programmed them before, I'd say you'll never get the programming right by using the keypads. Programming through Wintex on the other hand takes about 10 minutes.

No, Ive never done the programming before, its the first ever install as well as the last ;o)

I played around with the wintex software last night. Will take some time to understand what each item means.

Is there any pre-configured/ templates for wintex so that I can then understand what each section means and tailor it to my needs.

Also to do the upload/download will this have to be done on the USB PC module or can this be done on the GSM/ Speech dialler module?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back