Which are best wet wall panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am wanting to replace my bathroom wall paper with wet wall panels but have no idea which would be the best type and what thickness ie 5mm Thick, 7mm Thick, 8mm Thick etc and where to get them from ie B and Q etc, a good manufacturer’s guarantee a guarantee of 10 years, cladding adhesive and matching trims??

Also what other materials will I need to put them up?

Anyone give me any advice please?

Sponsored Links
I have been using MultiPanel sheets for ages now, and I really think they can't be beaten....plenty of designs and colours, trims and so on and the boards are 8mm thick. TilePanel is an alternative.
They also produce their own grab adhesive which is good.
This material is unforgiving regarding cutting, so you get it right first time but the results are stunning.
It is expensive though, at around £170 for an 8x4 sheet, and it's readily available with a 2 week delivery. I use MKM, the Jewson group or JT Dove to supply.
John :)

Naturally enough, these panels must be installed exactly as per the instructions, and if this is done they are totally waterproof. A wipe over with a cloth will remove any tendency to mould.
Basically the sheets are 8mm thick with a plastic laminate on both sides - naturally the decoration is only on one side, the other being a balancing laminate to prevent distortion. The laminate is glued on under vacuum and extreme pressure and I have yet to see one lift! I have no experience with the thinner TilePanel however.
The panels lock together similar to laminate on the 8' length only and the join is almost invisible......anodised alloy trims are used in the corners - both internal and external - and they look smart. Silicone is used to ensure water tightness here but that too is invisible.
Generally their own grab adhesive is used to fix the sheets in place - on occasion I have used temporary timber braces to keep things tightly pressed down.
The sheets cut readily enough with a fine toothed power saw.
As you may expect, the sheets are heavy and fairly ungainly when you are handling them on your own so a helper is always useful to have.
All joins are at 90 degrees - unfortunately a 45 degree joining trim isn't available. (I had to cover a soil pipe, and rather than put a 45 degree panel on I had to make it square).
The fixing instructions are good, and it's well worth a look at the displays in builders merchants or whatever.

Sponsored Links
Looks like theres a few manufactures of wet wall panels.
Question is which ones the best and provide the best guarantee. Looks like a HUGE difference in price between Multipanel and Wet Wall Works, just wondering though if theres a really difference in quality.

What is MultiPanel made out of? As it doesn't say on their website?
PVC looks really cheap but I have heard is a bad idea as water could get though the gaps or sides? but then someone said thats not true if you install them well.
There are some UPVC panels and some PVC panels, is there really any difference?
Anyone also recommend a good ceiling panel which is water and mold resistant?

Last edited:
My post #4 is about the construction of the MultiPanel sheets. Obviously any timber based product can rot if it's allowed to but if it's well sealed then it's not an issue.
PVC panels are available - by the same company, if I recall - but it's vital that the mounting surfaces are flat to prevent the join opening......they are so much thinner in section and aren't available in 8x4 sheets as far as I know.
If used on the ceiling, condensation may be an issue so an extractor fan is vital...as it is in any case.
Most builders merchants have display areas which are well worth a visit.

Thanks, my bathroom is very small but has a window. Do you still think an extractor fan is vital?
Even with my bathroom window open for hours I can not get the humity under 60% ever.

Last edited:
20220228_175024.jpg 20220228_175127.jpg 20220228_180145.jpg 20220228_180152.jpg
The first two pictures are of Travertine Multipanel. It's 10mm thick.
The other two pictures are Multipanel ceiling panels. They are 8mm thick.
I hope they help you to see the construction and how they fit together.

Last edited:
View attachment 262614 View attachment 262615 View attachment 262616 View attachment 262617
The first two pictures are of Travertine Multipanel. It's 10mm thick.
The other two pictures are Multipanel ceiling panels. They are 8mm thick.
I hope they help you to see the construction and how they fit together.

Thanks, the multipanel Travertine has some kind of made made wood in it? I would have thought there would be a chance it would become damp inside it due to it being some kind of wood?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back