Wood panel removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What would be the best way (or is there a tool) to remove the wood paneling from the bathroom wall, please? Stuff like knives and wall-paper strippers just bend, if I get any leverage, and my crowbar is too thick to get in behind each panel. I'm presuming it was glued on. I can't see any screws or nails... other than what they used to hang the wall-mirror.
20190317_125719.jpg
20190317_125733.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Its probably fixed with grab adhesive....by fair means or foul, remove one piece with a Stanley knife and chisel, and get in there with a claw hammer.
Place a block of timber behind the hammer head so any levering doesn't crush the wall behind.
John :)

Could be secret nailed with the nail holes in the last row filled in which case hammer and chisel to break the tongue on the first row, prybar and hammer to lift the rest out

Its probably fixed with grab adhesive....by fair means or foul, remove one piece with a Stanley knife and chisel, and get in there with a claw hammer.
Place a block of timber behind the hammer head so any levering doesn't crush the wall behind.
John :)

Thank you. The wall is coming down (by a pro... not me). I asked my neighbour, who said it is just those grey powder blocks behind the panels. He has already taken the same wall-down in his house. I didn't think about a claw hammer, but it's obvious, now that you've said it.

Thanks again,

Neil

Sponsored Links
You need to start at one end right in the corner and lever the edge out. Then the others will be easier.

Then if it's glued, use a sharpened scraper between the blob and the plaster to save pulling all the plaster off.

Could be secret nailed with the nail holes in the last row filled in which case hammer and chisel to break the tongue on the first row, prybar and hammer to lift the rest out

Thank you. I've been putting it off for years, but with a grand-kid on the way, I thought I better sort it beforehand. I'll have even less time to procrastinate! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back