Which bathroom layout? Choose 1, 2 or suggest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please see attached, all things are to scale.

I'm in my first property and now renovating bathroom.
I had the boiler which was in cupboard moved (as shown) so now I can use this space.

I'm wanting a shower bath/bath, to replace shower.

I have never done any redesigns, so I'd appreciate any advice.

Let me know if there's any better layout.

I'm able to move sink and shower easily. The toilet is less easy due to plumbing but still able to if essential. I can also remove doors, add walls.

which-layout.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Either looks fine but I am not a designer. The practical re-use of existing pipe and waste layouts has got to be as important as the design.

Blup

Either looks fine but I am not a designer. The practical re-use of existing pipe and waste layouts has got to be as important as the design.

Blup
It's not a major problem moving pipes as I've done plenty of that. I re-did the sink one already as I moved it under the floor. The toilet one is just plastic piping, so again not a huge issue.

So currently if there's a really good design that involves moving pipes, that's fine.

Sponsored Links
A bath is a must.

#3 is a nightmare to get into the shower.

How would you get in the bath on number 3? The square section of the P shaped baths is usually where the shower and screen would be

Have you got the width to put the bath running under the window? Then loo at the tap end, basin either opposite the loo or in the alcove formed by the door (as opt 3).
Or is there room for the loo on its own in the old cupboard space?- might avoid interrupted leisurely baths :)

It's not a major problem moving pipes as I've done plenty of that. I re-did the sink one already as I moved it under the floor. The toilet one is just plastic piping, so again not a huge issue.

So currently if there's a really good design that involves moving pipes, that's fine.

It's got to be 2 then

Blup

Have you got the width to put the bath running under the window? Then loo at the tap end, basin either opposite the loo or in the alcove formed by the door (as opt 3).
Or is there room for the loo on its own in the old cupboard space?- might avoid interrupted leisurely baths :)
I've taken into account all posters comments (such as the plan where it's not as easy to get in shower) and added the one you mentioned.

I'm glad I asked as I was close to buying a shower bath but have since got an idea I quite like (double ended bath).

See attached. I'm interested in feedback. I'm thinking of going with 2 partly because less modification, and I like that the bath is kind of 'within' the enclosed area.

I don't like 1 because when you open door, it leads straight to main entrance hallway which is a bit inappropriate when going back into bedroom.

Artboard-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would go for Number 1.

Having the bath tap on the rear of the bath is a big No No, especially when the tap goes wrong or needs replacing, its bath out time.

Andy

No. 1, the rest just don't work. Where's the boiler gone btw? In the kitchen and then a kitchen cabinet built tightly around it to ensure minimum access I hope! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back