which boiler ?

alansj said:
Seriously Softus you really do have issues.maybe its that time of the month for you?
You might be confusing tenacity with mental ill health, but thank you - I'll give your concern serious consideration...

...and now that I've finished doing that:

You really have taken this as a personal vendeta against yourself and your fellow tradesmen and it is not. I dont feel that i have critisized you and if you have taken anything I have said as insulting then it was not meant to come across that way.
I never thought of it as a vendetta, but the following comment was certainly insulting:

but while we crossed the subject of vat and the taxman are you all telling me that some of you have never.
Put a fuel receipt in that you shouldnt have?
So whilst it's OK for you feel insulted to be called a criminal, you accuse me of moaning when I object to it. :rolleyes:

To call me a criminal !!!
The following was certainly in the dishonest mindset, i.e. criminal:

if you aint gonna pay the vat then yes i would like a discount

well thats downright rude obviously your vocabulary is far better than your manners. Saying that! the Sun crossword doesnt teach you manners does it the rest of the posters have said their piece and got on with it but you keep harping on and on and on.
I see. And is your post an example of someone who isn't harping on, and who isn't protesting too much?

Im surprised you get any jobs for the amount of moaning that yo do.
Moaning is my hobby - only prostitutes do it for money.

Not once but twice you have called me a criminal and your are well out of order I suggest you give yourself a power flush :evil:
What else would you call knowing collusion in VAT avoidance, hmm?

Sponsored Links
Told you he would get you

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Enoughs a enough now boys lets get back topic

[quote="Softus
That's something I did a long time ago, during employment, but as a self-employed person it's something I've never done.
Ah!! so its ok to steal from your employer then is it? And its quite obvious that you wouldn't steal from your own business.
[quote="softus
Moaning is my hobby - only prostitutes do it for money
I can see the similarities though. you both spend time on your knees or your back when your at work. you both charge by the hour or per job. finally you both earn money from handling a ball/cock.

On a more serious note though Softus. I do see where you are coming from and I Have taken note. Yes sometimes I do speak before thinking and I can see why a few of my comments could be taken as offensive or just ignorant/arrogant.

I have however enjoyed the banter with you its made me chuckle. so having learnt a lesson would you kindly give me your opinion on my original post. I would appreciate it.
Thanks Alansj

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
:oops: I dont charge VAT

Craig, I'd love to know how any installer can get away with not being VAT registered. Even as a one man band my materials/parts turnover is higher than the VAT threshold before making any money :eek:

Don't reply on here, e-mail me ;)

Simple persuade the customer to purchase hardware and add a labour charge.

Another post inexplicably raised from the dead.

All join hands and say after me ''is there anybody there?'' :rolleyes:

Alansj... The price you've been quoted is very cheap imo to decommission a back boiler with fire and install a combi. Almost everyone will have different views on which boiler they prefer for different reasons. I may not have anywhere near as much experience as many on here as I've only been at it for 5 years but I have worked on lots of different appliance makes. I personally would fit worcester or vailant. If on a budget then I find the baxi/performas etc are ok too if system has been flushed properly.
I wouldn't fit glowworm, alphas, ideals as i find they tend to leak alot. I defo wouldnt fit sime, ferolli or ravenheat as I think they're made very flimsy and fall apart very easily. I work on about 5-8 simes a day atm and they're terrible!!
Hope this is some help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back