Which CCTV system to buy? Advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm after a cctv system for my parents business. Its an industrial unit where its required and they would like upto 4 camera's, 1 or 2 outside and 2 inside one being in a large walk in fridge and the other in a warehouse. I'm a spark myself but never installed cctv from scratch. I'm after something a bit better than a diy one but not looking a big big money. Can anyone recommend any kits? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
From brief details given difficult to suggest, however, may i suggest you don't let price dictate your choice. Yes, you have said you don't want diy kit but your description suggests industrial/commercial area and at least one camera in a pretty harsh environment.

If your requirement is the usual commercial necessity, then you need decent kit. That is not to say silly expensive, but good vfm stuff.
Without knowing exact requirements i'd look at the Samsung/Techwin range of products. It's decent commercial kit and can be found at a good price.

Thanks piffle,
I have had a look on the net for the samsung equipment but can't find the complete kit, (maybe as its not diy most people would know what to get if they were looking at it)
Is there anywhere that does a kit of this? Or can anyone advise to a degree on what i would need?
The basic requirements are
1 external camera to cover the front of the building, the range i need to check but should be within 10m and work at night.
1 internal camera to have a range of 10m to cover a warehouse,
1 camera to cover a walk in fridge
Maybe 1 more camera to be added at a later date.
The system needs to record 24hours a day to all cameras
The maximum length of run to camera's would be no more than 35m most being below 15-20m run.
Remote viewing would be good but not vital.
What else do you need to know?
Thanks

Have a look here:
http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk

Then give them a ring. Reason being, your situation is not quite straightforward - the fridge! It could be the temp/conditions affects the performance of anything we suggest on here. They sell a full range of kit so they will advise based on info you give them.

As stated previously, beware of buying low end. Images may look good on realtime viewing, but its the playback quality you are interested in.

Insist on the Techwin DVR. SVR480. NOT the 450 (older version). If they don't have it come back and we'll find someone who will.

Sponsored Links
That sight seems to be down . . . fortunately I cached it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back