'Which' coincidence?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Monday last week I discussed an overdraft facility with my new business account manager (turns out he is located in Birmingham, very convenient when we’re based in Kent!). Everything was fine, no problems, amount would show on the balance within a few days.

Last Thursday my account manager calls me: sorry, his manager had turned the request down! Beg you pardon: your manager? Yes, it turns out my business account manager isn’t entitled to approve requests like that!! But, good news, his manager would consider a loan if we would send in more details.
Accompanied with a complaint letter we send two successive year accounts in.

Last Monday my business account manager comes back to me: very sorry, but no. My reaction: I want to file an official complaint, because I feel mistreated, mislead and robbed! His manager would call me back.

Yesterday afternoon I called again because his manager hadn’t come back to me yet (I’m not the most patience person ;)). Uh, well, good news: his manager had just come back to him. Overdraft facility has been accepted after all.
Reason given for change of heart: not really specified.

Now, last Monday the post brought the latest Which! magazine with a damming report on customer service of High Street Banks. My bank almost at the bottom of the list.
Makes you wonder ;)

Sponsored Links
Nope ;)
(had good experiences with them in fact ;)
No, mine does horses (to keep it cryptical ;)

Sponsored Links
It would speed things up if you could only find a fax number !
(Spend 15 minutes yesterday trying to get connected to my 'so-called' business account manager. Had to by-pass an 0845 number, reach a call-centre, had to give my sort code etc twice, had to explain the reason for calling twice - which I refused both times with: I'm discussing things with him for the last few days, he knows bl*ody well where it's about).

It's good I'm a patient person (NOT!)

Royal Bank of Scotland recently posted me a letter, 2nd class, to say that they were going to be charging me £30 a day for being £1.51 over my overdraft limit. Imagine my joy when it arrived when it arrived 8 days later..... And then found out you can only phone your branch during banking hours...... And they're not open Saturday.

After sending them a snottogram they agreed to waive all but the first £30, but even so, what a bunch of ****s.....

had MAJOR grief from the bank that says there must be a better way?took 5 people 2 attempts to fax over my last 2 yrs of accounts :evil: an internal investigation was started and quess what?they apologised.BIG WOW.
their incompetence cost me ££££££££ and quess what they had delivered to me.
you'll never quess..
.a small hamper of food.jam and some shortbread.wtf. :eek:

A few months ago we changed our business account from Natwest to HSBC because they HSBC pay interest on the balance.

With Natwest we had a local business manager who gave me his mobile no. With HSBC you have to talk to someone in India after going through a phone menu.

With Natwest online we could look back through all the statements we ever had (convenient when your accountant has everything), with HSBC you can only look back about 2 months.

With Natwest the online banking is much more user-friendly, and the statements etc are much better laid out.

I think we are going to change back to Natwest but if possible I will make sure it is up and running and that all the direct debits etc have transfered properly before I close the old account.

Woodyoulike I am sorry to hear about your problems and I have had lots of probs with banks in the past. I sincerely hope that one day a bank asks me to do some work for them because it will be a great opportunity to get my own back ;)

petewood said:
I sincerely hope that one day a bank asks me to do some work for them because it will be a great opportunity to get my own back ;)

LOL

Well, in fact our problems are solved now, but I still think the 'salvation' has more to do with the damming report in the Which! magazine then with the bank itself. The coincidence is just to big ;)

Sponsored Links
Back