which contactor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post so be gentle :LOL: I`ve been asked to install a photocell for some 230v outdoor sign lights for a hotel and to incorporate a contactor. being newly qualified i`m not too sure how to wire it? any ideas please?[/i]

Sponsored Links
the switched live from photo cell should be connected to the live input from the contactor. neutrals to neutral

bear in mind the photocell should be mounted above the lights

thx B, would i be looking at a 2 pole contactor? also do photocells come in different ratings?

Sponsored Links
Nope, you use the photocell to control the contactor coil and the contacts to control the heavier load.

I used a photo cell to power contactor all in a box at the bottom of a crane which operated 12 x 1000W halogen halfway up the crane and very little problems were had with electric lights effecting photo cells. Once or twice with lower cranes we had a problem but spray can of paint soon cured.
The better cells were adjustable.
Eric

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back