Which DIY Mains Electric Planer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only do odd jobs around the house. Can someone recommend a planer which would suit at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have a bosch pho(some number) and its pretty good. Its just a bottom of the range afair with no fancy gadgets but it has done plenty of work and is pretty easy to use.

Definately get one where you can switch what side the dust comes out.

i have a bosch pho(some number) and its pretty good. Its just a bottom of the range afair with no fancy gadgets but it has done plenty of work and is pretty easy to use.

Definately get one where you can switch what side the dust comes out.

Ditto. Green jobbie, £50-ish.

Same Bosch PH20 i think it is , the dust coming either out the side you choose is a must. only downside did not come with a side guide, really cant fault it ,

Sponsored Links
I got the Titan PPL823N. Does the job fine for me. The first one the blades jammed so returned it and got a new one. This has been fine since.

Id go with the Green Bosch PHO they look like a well made product and fell very well balanced when ive tried them.

I too have a little Bosch green fella, and it is easy to use. By this i mean it is wieldy. I once owned a larger bells and whistles fancy-dan planer but it was heavy, unwieldy and costly to maintain.

Good point about the switchable shavings blow out port. Pity they don't make them so that they don't block up when using not-so-dry timber,.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back