Which Draught Excluder seal would you go for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might sound like a ridiculous question, but whats the difference between the different seals?
I went to B&Q this afternoon and theres foam, rubber, brush and then theres P, E, I shapes.

How is this DIY job such a minefield :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I would choose the one that fits my door. But this won’t help you if you have a different door.

Some more background information would be really helpful.

I would choose the one that fits my door. But this won’t help you if you have a different door.

Some more background information would be really helpful.

Its basically just a solid wood front door with about 5mm gap around the door. What other info would you need?

Does it have a channel in the frame to take one of the P, E or I types of seal?

You need to know the height of the gap you are trying to seal and then the width of the channel to locate the seal.
You can then simply select the right type to suit.
If you don’t have a channel you are most likely looking at a foam seal you can stick around the frame.
I hope this is some help but yes it is a ridiculous question as it should be self explanatory:)

Sponsored Links
Does it have a channel in the frame to take one of the P, E or I types of seal?

You need to know the height of the gap you are trying to seal and then the width of the channel to locate the seal.
You can then simply select the right type to suit.
If you don’t have a channel you are most likely looking at a foam seal you can stick around the frame.
I hope this is some help but yes it is a ridiculous question as it should be self explanatory:)

Yeah theres a channel all around the frame but its only notched out the wood, its not like how you'd find a channel on upvc where the seal pushes into it.

Excuse me for being naive, but what difference does the height of the gap make apart from how much i'd need to cut, I understand this to be the internal height of the frame?

The width of the channel is 5mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back