which fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
planning on putting a service check valve (like a washing machine tap) to the wc inlet.
the inlet is a fluidmaster type. It is 15mm with a thread.
The valve is a compression type.

How do I connect the two? I need a female to female coupler of some kind.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yes it is, female /female is a coupling, and not a lesbian as you posted.

because of the access to the toilet I don't want to be fiddling around for a screwdriver, so I opted for the washing machine type with the plastic handles.

I have managed to omit that the toilet is fed by a flexi hose.
Why not use a flexi with an incorporated valve? Because of the reason above, i cannot seem to find any connectors with the handle type service valves.

You can get a valve with a knob with a 15 mm compression at each end.

Few people find a screwdriver valve on a feed to a toilet to be any problem as they are only used once every 10 years if the float valve needs changing and thats always by someone with tools!.

Tony

I see your point.
I have a strange scenario where;
I have turned the water off into the house. (Combi DHW)
Run al the taps to get water out.
Opened the water to the house again.

The pressure to begin with is amazing, the toilet fills and doesn't cause water hammer.
Having a shower a few times (the toilet is fed from the same pipe to the bath mixer), and bang the water hammers back, and the pressure goes down. So i thought i'd reduce the flow to the wc a bit using these valves.
If I turn down the isolating valve on the incoming water (22mm Compression isolator) it makes a hell of a racket.
There is a strange setup, as the original system was gravity, where the water rises into the house from ground floor, up to 1st where boiler is, goes under floor boards and feeds the bathroom on the ground floor. there must be a mass network of pipes under the floorboards.
Why is the pressure great for 5 mins?
And why do i get hammer after this pressure has subsided?
Mains is shared and has an old isolated valve on the incoming which is a bit knackered as the screw is worn.

Cheers

Its a good idea to restrict the flow to toilets with a combi boiler.

However, that can only be done with a screwdriver valve otherwise a know would get casusally moved.

Tony

Because it does not use up say 6 li/min of a limited mains supply flow rate when a combi can better be using it to deliver a shower!

Restrict it to 2 li/min and thats fine and refills in three min.

Tony

ok see your point, but everything i've tried regarding restricting flow makes a hell of a screeching noise.

ok been to the sheds and couldn't find a female coupler :oops:
All I need is to connect a threaded pipe to a compression valve, surely there must be something that allows me to do that.

The flexi hoses with valves in are no good as the valve is at the wrong end.
I need a valve under the water inlet as the connection to the water pipe is behind boxing.
Help! :cry:

timbalcombe said:
planning on putting a service check valve (like a washing machine tap) to the wc inlet.
the inlet is a fluidmaster type. It is 15mm with a thread.
The valve is a compression type.

How do I connect the two? I need a female to female coupler of some kind.
..........Half inch Brass socket :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back