which fitting?

612_28x1.jpg

k 612 15mm x 1/2"" bsp

Sponsored Links
Have you got any dead legs on your pipework, as trapped air in a dead leg could cause your problems.

This is no good I'm afraid as the left hand nut in the picture is for a pipe.

I have a valve with a compression fitting which needs to go to a threaded pipe. The compression end is threaded also as you know.
How do you connect the two?

In summary this is what i want to do;
Toilet inlet to valve (thread to thread 15mm)
Valve to flexi pipe, end of flexi to compression nut and olive.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Why is it so difficult to add a service valve to a fluidmaster inlet on a flexipipe? I would've thought it was quite common.
Unfortunately I have to make do with the existing plumbing which is why the setup is as it is. I ain't no plumber, so I've tried to go the easy route.
I'm giving up on this as it's just not happening.
Any innovators out there, heres your chance to make a product!
Do us a favour and make it simple as well for us DIY folk.

What is a dead leg? there could be a few dead ends I suppose where the system was converted to work on a combi.

ok, ended up fitting a service valve with a tap conector type fitting for the female side (to the inlet), and then screwed the flexi end the compression end of the valve.
Ok so i had to buy a new part, and I don't have my lever! But hey it works.
The reason I wanted to do this was to reduce the pressure into the WC due to hammer.

I now have the problem of the valve screeching when i have selected the right pressure to eleviate the hammer (about 2l/min) as suggested.
This means the wc takes 3 mins to fill, no hammer, but is bloody noisy!

I give up, this plumbing in this house does my bleeding head in!

half inch brass socket...........and pressure reducing valve on rising main :rolleyes:

8185p.gif

£1.65

4 l/min Flow restrictor (not noisy) about £8
17527.gif

Alternatively, fold the flexy hose over and put a peg on it. With your high pressure it'll leak soon anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back