Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any brands to avoid? So far looked at:

Gledhill
Joulle
Telford

OSO

I know Heatrae Sadia is recommended but they are twice the cost (is it worth the extra £?)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
+1 for Joule

Remember that "being well known" and "being a good product" are mutually exclusive things

Many products are "well known" to the public only because the manufacturers run expensive advertising and promotional activity for their brand names. Good products more often sell by reputation to those customers prepared to research beyond the adverts.

Just ordered another 250 litre Joule for a job - have one sitting in my garage at the moment for when i get bored at Christmas and swap out my current cylinder.

Much like I did last year when i got round to fitting my Intergas Eco RF. Might even get round to fitting the mixing valve controller to the UFH too. Or maybe I'll save that for next year.

OSO are good also. With the oso you can remove the dip tube which increases the capacity. The expansion is then catered for by fitting an expansion vessel.

Just ordered another 250 litre Joule for a job - have one sitting in my garage at the moment for when i get bored at Christmas and swap out my current cylinder.

Much like I did last year when i got round to fitting my Intergas Eco RF. Might even get round to fitting the mixing valve controller to the UFH too. Or maybe I'll save that for next year.

Out of interest, what's the motivation behind doing this? Just to practice? Or to do comparisons between cylinders?

I've been reading that some OSO cylinders go to 4 or even 5 bar. The Megaflo eco plus' now go to 3.5 bar. And the majority of cylinders are at 3 bar. Is this a consideration to installers (and homeowners) when choosing a cylinder, or is it largely irrelevant?

Partly comparison between products, but also, the one I have was made to order and I have additional sensor pockets fitted so I can tinker with various settings and monitor how certain control options perform.

Obviously I'm just a lay person and have no experience of plumbing, but rather than just buy the big brands that I've heard of (Heatrae Sadia Megaflow, Worcester Bosch, Vaillant) I thought I would ask for experienced opinions from people who actually fit them and use them on a daily basis.

We've never even had a cylinder, just a combo boiler so it's all alien to me.

I've done some research and the brands I've quoted above seem to be 'low-mid priced' and are also available in 400l for about half the price of a 300l megaflow.

The Joule is actually one of the cheapest ones so good to hear recommended.

Never been a fan of Megaflo and the floating baffle nonsense.

Oso are ok but Joule are by far the best at the moment. And they have their own service team on it's way :whistle:

I thought Dan used to recommend Oso. Joule are cheap never heard of them before. Good value for money?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back