Which monitor for cad ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Which monitor for office & occasional cad, budget upto £150
Largest screen size dvi hdmi and good image if possible.
BenQ monitors ? lcd led ?

TIA :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

So many out there it's tough to choose eh?! I guess you have to consider what resolution your graphics card wil lbe outputting your images at. If you go higher than a 22inch than generally I guess your looking at HD or higher (1920 x 1080). I think most 22 inch monitors will be working at 1680x1050 (I think)...

I use a 22inch Samsung (1680x1050) also for cad and everything else and it's fine, though I have been thinking about a 24inch or maybe a second monitor...

If your really concerned about quality (for accurate colour reproduction) then your budget wont stretch.

have a look here dor good reviews/comments:

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors

EDIT:Just been having a look at some 22inch models and seems like alot are actually using 1920x1080 so ignore my other comment!

Hello

Which monitor for office & occasional cad, budget upto £150
Largest screen size dvi hdmi and good image if possible.
BenQ monitors ? lcd led ?

TIA :confused:

Is this a joke thread? £150 for CAD use? Are we muppets?

Sponsored Links
For CAD use I always thought the MOST important thing would be the Processor and the Graphics card?

For example Autodesk Autocad won't run smoothly, especially when rendering unless you have a dual core processor. And you'll need a decent Graphics card also. ANy reasonably recent monitor should be ok espeically if the machine you're using has a dual core processor.

Hello toph & madder

So many out there it's tough to choose eh?!

Yes very confusing!!

have a look here dor good reviews/comments:

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors[/QUOTE]

Iiyama E2410HDSD 24 LCD Monitor 16:9 Widescreen Full HD 1920x1080 Resolution 20000:1 DCR 2ms Response Time VGA DVI - Black

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/225450

From your link good or bad choice ?

For CAD use I always thought the MOST important thing would be the Processor and the Graphics card?

For example Autodesk Autocad won't run smoothly, especially when rendering unless you have a dual core processor. ....

What are min. spec for Autocad 2d drawings ?

Will it run on Dell Inspiron 1564 with 4gb ram ?

Monitor is for occasional cad use, comfortable enough for a few hours at a time not 8-16hrs .

Thankyou toph & madder

Hi Onion_soup. It looks like a decent machine. For AutoCAD you'd normally want a dual core processor. Perhaps yours has one but as far as I'm aware the machine you have contains an Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13Ghz, 3MB cache) I think they'd claim to be able to run 3D design programs like AutoCADm and they probably can but would they do it comfortably and with speed?

2.13 Ghz should be reasonably ok for 2D CAD, and perhaps it'll be able to render 3D CAD also but it could take a while to get through it's commands, for sure in 3D.

I think you'll be ok for 2D though. But I'd recommend not running anything else on the machine at the same time as the CAD programme, especially if you gte around to the 3D stuff.

The 4GB of RAM will be helpful to a point, but again they'd be more helpful with a bigger processor!

In conclusion, for 2D CAD and for only a couple of hours at a time I think you'll be fine.

Hi,

Well, I'm not an expert on monitors but I think going for a 24inch model that's priced at £130 isn't likely to be amazing but I guess most modern monitors in this price range will be fine for general use. The tech has matured now and their just churning out monitors at cheap prices. The real difference I believe is the panel technology that the monitors use. Cheap general monitors use TN panels where as the more professional ones use IPS.

Anyways, always google a model number for reviews - an easy way to avoid buying a lemon! I tend to go for things (at least from Ebuyer) with a lot of reviews - it means people are buying it/rating it and you can't get better assurance without buying it yourself..

As to your machine running 2d cad I can't comment but I have run 3d cad software on my dual core Dell laptop with 2 gigs of ram just fine. Like Madder says, heavy rendering would be a problem so I don't use it for that. My laptop is actually a 3d workstation (bit old now) that has a dedicated graphics card for just this kind of work but in my years of using `generic` graphics cards for the same app, I've had no problems at all.

If in doubt I'm sure you could download a trial version of whatever software you have in mind - should give you enough time to evaluate the performance..

(Btw, off the top of my head, I think the Core i3 is dual core...)

i3 processors are dual core with pseudo quad core capabilities by utilising hyper threading.

Sponsored Links
Back