Which New Boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mid sized two bedroom terraced property. Just purchased it and am stripping it out, including the old boiler.

Once the property is finished it will be put back on the market, but with this being said, I don't want a crappy boiler installed.
I have been quoted for a Worcester Bosch and Ideal Logic. After some research some people don't rate the Ideal...
Any models you would recommend?

Both quotes are very similar in price and the quote is to remove the old boiler and install the new one.
How much should labour cost to install a boiler (I'm in Bedford by the way)?
Would it be cheaper for me to buy the boiler myself and get someone to install it as I know someone with a trade account.

Cheers chaps

Sponsored Links
If you are going to sell it go for the Worcester as people know the name and will like that.

Nothing wrong with the Logic. Ideal have been around for a long old time.

I personally don't rate Worcester at the moment, the Greenstar is full of plastic and their proving to be a bit unreliable.

Glowworm Ultracom 2 looks to be a good buy, their cheaper than some and have the know how of Valliant without the high price tag.

I'm not sure that I can post a link but have a look at which online for £1 you can do a months trial and look at the reviews of boilers and prices.

Worcester have the best reputation at the moment and i understand that their customer service is very good.

Good luck boiler hunting.

Sponsored Links
If you really must have a common boiler then a Vaillant is well known and retty reliable.

But an Intergas or Viessmann with a five year warranty is a better bet for selling!

Tony

Ferroli seem to have finally got their act together with the Modena C. Only 4 moving parts and the first replaceable fan pcb with all the spares reasonably priced too.
I'll never trust Ideal again after their folly with the Isar. I have a relative that works in public housing sector and he was saying just the other day that the logics are starting to pop PCBs now and a few DV failures

If you're selling the house as soon as renovated, just put the cheapest in. Most people wouldn't know a quality boiler make compared to a cheap brand. They will have the confidence, because the boiler is new.

Boilers don't sell houses or break deals. The quality of the refurb is all that counts. Spend the money elsewhere.

i agree if your selling just go for something cheap that will still be fairly reliable.
potterton apollo, ideal mini, glowworm easicom or betacom, heatline capriz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back