Which paint for a open plan kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a flat with a open plan kitchen.
Which is a big room with kitchen on one end, dining room in the centre and a sofa and TV on the other end.
Currently it's painted with just the one colour paint but the walls are 'dusty' so if I was to wipe off a stain hard the paint appears to come off too.
Looking for one type of paint for the whole open plan including the kitchen side that is hard wearing and wipeable.

I've had a look at the Trade Matt Emulsions but would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The "scrubbale" matt paints kinda work, but if you ever need to clean them with a green scouring pad, the area will become shiny. Water based eggshell is far more forgiving. Coking fats will sit on the surface rather than soaking in. Oil based eggshell will be wayyyy more durable but the smell might be unbearable.

I painted my kitchen walls (lining paper) with oil based eggshell. I was able to use meths or isopropyl alcohol to wash away stubborn cooking fat stains without damaging the paint. You cannot use either with waterbased paints. The downsides are that the finish may yellow in time (my kitchen was buttercup fool yellow- so not a problem)/it will stink for up to a week/the person applying the paint needs to be slightly more skilled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back