Which Pressure Washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a quick ask for info really.

I want to buy a pressure washer to use at home.
The usage will be general and infrequent, including; decking, patio slabs, windows, car washing, and also to wash down the house brickwork and roof tiles (moss buildup etc.)

The range is huge and I don't want to spend any more than I have too (if I can keep it under £50 that would be great!).

Could someone point me in the right direction? I need to know what specs I should look for, any brands to avoid or lookout for. Kracher seem to the main name brand, but they are really expensive. Are DIY store own brands ok?
Should I be looking for anything specific motor or attachment wise?

In short, just a general reliable one and most importantly, the cheapest I can get away with!

thanks for your help :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for these replies folks,

I realise that quality often comes at a price but given that Kracher are often double the amount of non branded models I have to ask if they really twice as good.

The areas I really need advice on are the real world impact of 10-20 difference in bar pressure and importance of marginal differences in litreage flow rate per hour. Also, how an induction motor is better than a standard motor for general home use.

cheers in advance for any further help you can offer.

NB. if anyone has a non-Kracher washer, could you post how well it performs, or whether you wish you'd gone with Kracher instead.

thanks again.

Sponsored Links
My advice is bite the bullet and buy a Kracher. You can buy a cheaper brand but it'll break sooner and you'll have to buy a new one, so in the end you'll end up paying out Kracher prices and agro to go with it. If you have to get a cheaper model DO NOT go for B&Q etc own brands. Load of rubbish. Bosch have some decent models.

Get the highest flow rate you can and a turbo jet. If you buy a little cheap one then it will be like cutting the lawn with a razor blade, does the job but will take hours.
Second hand steam cleaner would be a good buy ;)

I paid £250 for a second hand steam cleaner, had it 5 yrs (£50) a yr, use it every year (9months). if you want some for £50, stick to your hose pipe, karcher are good, the best, but come with the appropriate price tag, think mines a wap, cheaper end of the market, but does what a karcher does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back