which pump + or -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower, which is mains fed. The problem is i have had a loft conversion (bedroom with a on-suite). The shower in the on-suite is mains fed but the pressurer is next to usless. Which shower pump would i need to improve the flow, positive or negative. Also, where would i site the pump. On the ground floor or 1st floor.
Thanks in advance.
ps. Did not know the was a + and - pump till i started looking for one so dont know what the difference is

Sponsored Links
because they are not designed for use with an electric shower and the shower is not designed for use with a pump.

Sponsored Links
You can pump the water to an electric shower but you would need to install a break tank before the pump as fitting a pump to the cold main is not allowed under the water regulations.

You can, or used to be able to, get electric showers with a built-in pump. Mira did them. I saw one because it was broken, probably not a good sign. It was a very small and flimsy-looking pump, ISTR.

Generally pumps on the mains aren't allowed. I think there is a maximum of 12 lpm or something like that. Above that, you need the supplier's permission because they can pull a negative pressure on the mains supply, leading to back-siphonage and contamination of the mains and huge costs to rectify the damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back