Which radiators are considered best value for money similar to Quinn before they went bust?

• Thread starter Deleted member 290061
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 290061

I'm buying some radiators and wanted to know which would you recommend as being best value for money at a sensible price and could anybody recommend where to get them from please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Kudox from Screwfix or Toolstation are ok.
Thanks! Do you think they'd be cheaper than Stelrad with a Grahams trade discount? They look good and I'll compare a few of the prices I've probably saved a few pennies.
I will also agree that the Kudox do seem to be quite good at a reasonable price. I think they are made in Turkey.
Thanks for your recommendation as well.
The plumber has given me a list of sizes and next to the size is either K1, K2 or P+. Not sure of the difference but will have to google them

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
In the same process, so thanks.
Without hijacking the thread, any recommendation on vertical designer radiator similar to the one in the picture?
I bought it 15 years ago from screwfix and gives out a lot of heat in a very thin design, but they don't have them anymore.
1625684315080186074916472766786.jpg

There designer rads, the now defunct Quinn versions are still available as the company that bought them out has continued the designer ranges

There designer rads, the now defunct Quinn versions are still available as the company that bought them out has continued the designer ranges
Thanks.
Are they good?
Heard that vertical designer radiators can be a pain and not very efficient.

Thanks.
Are they good?
Heard that vertical designer radiators can be a pain and not very efficient.

My parents have got what you've got in the picture above or at least very similar and the heat output seems to be adequate for the space (my dad done the calculations can't remember what was required)

My parents have got what you've got in the picture above or at least very similar and the heat output seems to be adequate for the space (my dad done the calculations can't remember what was required)
Can't find any quinn vertical radiators for sale

Kudox are ok but the white coating comes off very easily.
How long have you had them before the white coating has come off?
The plumber has given me a towel rail measurement as 600height x 1800width. Is it possible to get them in this size or is this most likely a mistake or can you find them in that size?

How long have you had them before the white coating has come off?
The plumber has given me a towel rail measurement as 600height x 1800width. Is it possible to get them in this size or is this most likely a mistake or can you find them in that size?

I bought some from screwfix n bnq and fitted in 2019, during fitting 1 scratched very easily, paint came off, then within 6 months some furniture lightly grazed another one and paint came off. I had to buy a enamel spray to touch over.

I also bought a towel rad for a bathroom and that seems to be ok with the coating so far.

That size towel rad is very difficult to get, i went on screwfix and u can get 1800mm height and 600mm width but not other way round, you may have to spend more time searching.

Do all radiators have the top that can be taken off? Do Kudox rads come with removable tops?

K1 - single convector single panel - Type 11 (Alternative name)
K2 - single convector double panel - Type 21 (Alternative name)
P+ - double convector double panel - Type 22 (Alternative name)

I think this is correct

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back