Which radiators are considered best value for money similar to Quinn before they went bust?

• Thread starter Deleted member 290061
  • Start date
Do all radiators have the top that can be taken off? Do Kudox rads come with removable tops?

K1 - single convector single panel - Type 11 (Alternative name)
K2 - single convector double panel - Type 21 (Alternative name)
P+ - double convector double panel - Type 22 (Alternative name)

I think this is correct

You have the K2 and P+ wrong way round,
K1 single panel with convector = type 11
P+ double panel single convector = type 21
K2 double panel double convector = type 22

Sponsored Links
You have the K2 and P+ wrong way round,
K1 single panel with convector = type 11
P+ double panel single convector = type 21
K2 double panel double convector = type 22
Thank you for spotting that and letting me know!!(y)

Sponsored Links
Why faff around for a few pounds? Stelrad panel rads.

I fitted Stelrads (Elites) exclusively for over 20 years with no problem. I fitted one house with customer supplied Barlo and there were pinholes withing two years. I notice things like that.

I used Quinn in my own house recently, I can't imagine what was going through my mind, they were OK, no problems.

I think some use recycled steel and others virgin steel. Might be worth a phone call.

Are all components on Stelrad made of metal do you know and how does the quality compare with Kudox?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see that towel rad, think you might have that the wrong way round :rolleyes:
Yes - I didn't notice that but someone from the plumbers merchants pointed out that they're not usually this size so I suspect the plumber has made a mistake

After comparing costs between Stelrad and Kudox there isn't as much of a price difference as I thought there might be

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying Stelrad Vita Compact in the end - I think probably the price when compared to Kudox is not much more than 20%/25%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back