Which type of guttering. Square Guttering Vs Deep Flow Guttering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I just wanted your opinion on the type of guttering I should have on my old extension in the garden. My problem is as followed:

Sadly the current guttering has not been fitted on properly and seems too small not holding the water in and falls out onto the garden. Also taking the neighbours roof in as well. The guttering seems misaligned and not level nor screwed in properly. Sadly, this is due to a builder who performed this shoddy work many years ago.

Logically I thought the square guttering is slightly larger in depth and therefore water would not seep out vs deep flow which is deeper, not to sure if I'm honest. What would be best for flow rate and keeping the water in once this has been fitted? Your thoughts and tips are greatly appreciated.

P.s. this coming from someone who does not have a clue in guttering just applying some logic lol.

I have attached pictures so it may be easier for you guys to see.

thanks again to all.

IMG_20170602_172906.jpg

IMG_20170602_172912.jpg

IMG_20170602_172914.jpg

IMG_20170602_172922.jpg

IMG_20170602_172927.jpg

IMG_20170602_172939.jpg

IMG_20170602_172955.jpg

IMG_20170602_173048.jpg

IMG_20170602_173051.jpg

IMG_20170602_173634.jpg

IMG_20170602_173733.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well as a leccie and therefore not a guttering expert, from the last pic I reckon the gutter is too low and the water shoots over the top.

Black deepflow guttering all the way. I'm loving those straight fascias, slopey guttering and the grey pipe on the roof is epic.

Or do the tiles protrude too far?
If it's any help I had my gutters replaced a while back with deepflow when the fachias were donee, after 2years I replaced them with standard half round as the debris layed in deepflow and needed cleaning out every couple of months. I do it every year now if it neexs it or not.

Sponsored Links
As mw roofline says deepflow. the existing HR is too low anyway.
shame about the neighbours pipe, I would be tempted to remove the grey pipe, realign your main gutter with a neat black down pipe at the LH end. It will empty nearer the existing downpipe.
Roof side you are missing a hip iron .. Nice flat roof pitch too

@datarebal @SUNRAY @Mw Roofline

Thanks guys for your input and advice. What are all your comments on the square guttering? why should or shouldn't a person have them installed as opposed to the deep flow guttering?

thank you all in advance.

nothing wrong with square. However in your case you have a lot of roof area to service with one down pipe... Hence deepflow , it does not need be deep flow round profile, deep flow ogee or amazon have bigger capacity than standard squareline.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back