which wireless alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
friends next door neighbor just got burgled and so now looking to install a Alarm.broad daylight opportunity theft as they just broke bottom rear door panel an stole money and jewelery left all the laptops ect

they want to be phoned so looking at the yale HSA6400 which is £175 plus another £30 as they will need to add a wire free keypad as the phone socket isnt near the door an seems would be very easy to disconnect the phone line in the disarm time if it was near the main exit .
from the reviews seems this is quite a good system but wondered what people thought about it here or if they could recommend a similar wireless telephone alarm for around £200 mark i should look at.

Sponsored Links
I doubt that you'll find a better deal than that DIY Yale for the price, good specs, good features, great price, and that's from someone who only installs trade gear. Good on you.

thanks for the reply chaindaisy, have ordered the alarm and will post my thoughts on it after i get it installed.

the next door neighbor that got burgled had an alarm fixed two days later. I have to admit that until it happens close by being burgled doesn't seem a very high probability ,then you suddenly you realise that all it takes is some criminal or addict seeing a opportunity and it could be your home thats trashed.
I know it doest prevent being burgled but any extra deterrent definitely seems worth it.

Sponsored Links
If you have no alarm at all even a dummy box is a good option. That is what will make the thief decide whether to break into your home or one next door without a box.

A dummy box does 95% of the work of a fully installed alarm for a fraction of the cost.

If you have no alarm at all even a dummy box is a good option. That is what will make the thief decide whether to break into your home or one next door without a box.

A dummy box does 95% of the work of a fully installed alarm for a fraction of the cost.
..... but only if you can get your hands on a recognised cover, a plain dummy box or one with ALARM written on it is not worth the effort.
Also getting a box with a recognised name could be a bit difficult, no one will sell you one. Two is always better, one front, one back.

Dummy bellbox stickers available on ebay now. cheap too.
Copyright infringement, when proven, is not cheap.

There would not be any financial penalty raised for a householder for putting a trade sticker on an alarm.
Counterfeit goods can be seized that is all a consumer can face.

The only recourse would be for an alarm company to request the sticker was taken down. That is within their right. They may even want to tackle the Ebay seller but in all honesty they would leave well alone even if reported because the truth is they would be getting free advertising someone else was paying for.

Absolutely correct mdf. You're well up on your law. I have at least a hundred post grad law books to pass on to someone, but the only one I can suggest for people who show their total misunderstanding regarding this issue is 'GCSE Law Part 1'.

........ but in all honesty they would leave well alone even if reported because the truth is they would be getting free advertising someone else was paying for.

Any 'sticker or box cover' with a companies name on that's not official is frowned upon by the company because they are usually connected to DiY systems that give nothing but trouble, therefore giving them a bad name.

"... free advertising" it is not.

Taking this a stage further, any 'sticker' bought on ebay would be a stolen sticker. Alarm companies do not sell them.

I've just finished work, had a sarni and time for a quick glance at what our expert forum installation engineers have been up to all day. And it seems that the answer is 'zilch'.

Some installers,( the term installers is questionable since they appear to be here from morning until last thing at night, which would indicate that they are not installing systems at all) need to get their facts right before posting the first incorrect thing that comes into their heads.

Get real, if you're no longer installing, take up golf or do some gardening or something. Sitting there all day in front of your kids computer is not doing your physical nor mental health any good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back