Wired, Wireless or Hybrid Home Alarm System

So commonsence says use a local landline as call number 1, a mobile 2nd.
Then no worries about the first call. A decent speech dialler can also use 4 numbers or more and also call paging services ( Yes they still exist).

Sponsored Links
It is also common sense to use a land line to dial out on as a landline will still be operating if a local power outage has dis-abled mobile phone and cable network equipment when the burglary happens. Obviously the land line cable needs to be installed in a way that prevents it from being cut by the thieves before they break in.

I have been researching similar recently. I think I will be going for a hybrid system with Texecom 48 premier and Ricochet wireless expanders. Ricochet is better wireless technology as each wireless device can communicate with others so doesn't matter how far the control panel is the wireless devices can communicate with each other to get to the control panel.

I will be hard wiring the external bells, internal sirens, keypads, but the pirs and door contacts will be wireless. I am also getting a menvier SD3 dialler which has a combination of text message, landline dial and gsm mobile dial, so covers cases where one or the other has been cut off. I think it can also control the texecom panel to switch the alarm off from mobile but not sure of this yet.

Also the premier 48 metal case is a grade 3 system. The plastic panels are grade 2 system maybe because it's easier for a burglar to wack a hammer at the panel and pull the battery out?

Anyway the SD3 dialler is 250 ish so you may want to consider a cheaper dialler like the GJD Dialler but the texecom and ricochet systems get my vote and if you get a kit it will fit your budget to 400 quid.

Thanks to everyone for their advice it's been most helpful

I will need to check where landline comes in but within the house there as just two sockets wired through the wall so no visable wires

I think i will be wiring my pir's just becasue it not a very big house but off course with option of going wireless

More and more convinced by the texecom

Sponsored Links
I will need to check where landline comes in but within the house there as just two sockets wired through the wall so no visable wires
It is the external wire that the thieves will try to cut if they can get to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back