Which Wireless Router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased a new laptop and it has a wireless connection. I'm looking at buying a router. It's for use at home and would also need to link up with a home PC. I have no idea about wireless things. How does it all work? Is it easy to setup? and can anyone recommend a mid range (basic) router.

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Do you have broadband and, if so, what type, cable or adsl? How close is the home PC to a phone point?

Yeh I have broadband, I think ADSL, and the main computer is next to a phone line, does this help?

Thanks

Many to choose from and others will post their favourites.

These are quite good. The setup disk will get you going if you are not sure how to set it up manually.

How do you currently connect to the Internet. USB Modem?

Sponsored Links
To be honest I don't think there is much between them performance wise. The main difference is the GUI and how easy/difficult it is to configure. Linksys/Netgear/Dlink/Buffalo are all pretty good. I have a personal dislike of anything Belkin, but that's just my personal opinion.

And wen you set up the wireless make sure you change the default Router password and turn on some level of encryption such as WPA. WEP is a waste of time.

Back