whirlpool front loader won't drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so...

My whirlpool washing machine won't drain, it just stops and tells me to clean filter..when i take the filter out it's clear.

I've disconnected the pipes and checked for blockages and found a 20p coin in the pipe that goes from the drum to the pump..tried again but still it shuts down telling me to check filter..disconnected the outlet pipe that goes outside from the pump and that was clear???

I put the machine into spin cycle with the filter out..the pump is turning but the water doesn't want to leave

could there be something blocking the water from leaving the pump...something unseen ?

want to try and sort it myself as the engineer charges £15 just to answer the phone :(

Sponsored Links
if you check every thing from pump to drum and poured water down the waste pipe till it comes out the other end ,then you have a stalling pump once running it overheats and cuts out.there is a one way valve on the pump end, make sure thats not blocked its a black rubber thing to stop water entering the drum from the sink waste.

Sponsored Links
it was a 5p coin stuck in the valve

it was an epic battle to get the thing out but now the machines working fine

thanks for the help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back