Whirlpool oven - replacing light bulb help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the bulb has gone in out whirpool electric oven (model AKP951IX). I have found the bulb on line (£2.99) but how do i take the glass cover off? there are no screws to remove it, does it just prize off? I don't want to force it so I thought i'd ask first.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
No idea, it's more or less square, there is a bit of sise to side movement but i have been to scared to give it a go. I have just tried and as it is ressessed in to the side of the oven it can't be unscrewed!

Sponsored Links
If it dosnt unscrew are the any signs if a metal spring clip on the front of the lens.
If there are, its a spring, use a wide blade screwdriver & prise it off.

Thanks, I'll take a look when i get home, i'll maybe take a picture of it (Should have done that in the first place, would be easier for help i guess)

Cheers

Just had a thought, if its a freestanding cooker, then you may find at the back there is a little panel (maybe 6 X 6 held with 1 or 2 screws ).

Thanks, it's a fitted unit, so no idea how to get this out? as it's a new build house with fitted kitchen.

If its built in it should be possible to change from inside, I would be surprised if it wasnt, my guess is there are clips or it screws if it does screw it wont be easy as the crease will act like glue.

Top man :)

Thanks, believe it or not that was the first thing i thought of but could not find it - obviously did not look hard enough LoL

Virtual pint on it's way!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back