Whirlpool WWDC9440 washer drain hose - install new

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've stupidly cut the end off my Whirlpool WWDC9440 drain hose while attempting to extend it (I cut the wrong hose!). I now cant make good any join using clips and the corrugated pipe.
My preference is to buy a new drain hose (preferably 2.5m) and fit this. However, I'm loathe to pull the washer out (a LOT of effort) until I have the hose ready.
I can't tell if the hose is a special part or if a generic hose would do the job - searching on parts websites hasn't been much help.
I also have no idea how to fit the hose. I've fitted a new pump to a Hotpoint some years ago but I need to do this job quickly (kid running about) so would prefer some kind of guide before I start. Tradesmen have either been uninterested or have quoted daft prices (e.g. >£100)
Can anyone help on which part I need and how to fit it?

Sponsored Links
I just pulled it out and the hose is simply connected to the back of the washer with a clip. 5 minute job and a cheap generic 21mm hose fitted. Shows that it's worth revisiting a job once you've been away from it for a while and that you should take your time in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back