Washing Machine Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daughter has just bought a new Hotpoint washer dryer - model number is in flat a couple of miles away.

It came with a single connector hose which requires both hot and cold connections on the washer to be connected to the cold supply. The hose is "Y" shaped and about 1 meter from the neck of the Y to the single end.

I need one about six inches longer and thought - no problem, Plumb Centre will have them. . . . .

The man at Plumb Centre has never seen a Y shaped one before! Anyone know where I can get one? I would prefer not to have too much hose laid around in the cupboard!

I also need a four foot extension to the drain hose - are there any issues to watch for with extending the drain this much?

Sponsored Links
must be new, easier to move the tap or get 2 single hoses

I thought a longer hose would be available but it is looking as if extending and putting a tee in the cold supply the cold supply would be easier!

Washer instructions say BOTH inlets to be connected to COLD supply!

Might also be easier to put a standpipe in the cupboard rather than extending the waste. Will have to look at the pipe run, annoying point is that I sealed the kick panel to the floor yesterday!

Sponsored Links
Yes - just worked that one out - thanks. For some reason I was thinking the y-piece went the other way round!

Now am I likely to have any issues extending the drain by four feet?

only in trying to join the hoses.

often seen short bit of small hose inside each grey hose, secured by jubilee clips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back