Who can answer this question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just thought of this question but don't know the answer.

If a two hump camel mates with a one hump camel - how many humps does the offspring have?

Anyone know? I've not googled it.

Sponsored Links
With out looking are they from different continents like elephants, the same could be asked of them which size ears would predominate.

Sponsored Links
Maybe they can't mate at all now they are too far apart evolutionary speaking.

Interesting Joe, and I'm surprised it hasn't been done or been done and out there on the intercobwebs.

My Phd was on breeding between different species, (yeah right :D ), and I think their genetics are such that they could concieve, (like Zebra and Donkey), and the hump would depend on what particular gene the offspring happened to inherit.

So either 2 or 3 humps. (Or are you being a monkey on a wind up mission? ). :D

I once interbred a Bull Dog with a ****zu and got a....... :mrgreen:

A hybrid camel is a hybrid between a Bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus) and dromedary (Camelus dromedarius).

Hybrid camels have different names depending on country and language, including:

Turkoman
Tulu
Bukht
Nar
Iner
Iver
Majen
Bertuar

Generally a Camelus bactrianus × Camelus dromedarius hybrid is called an F1. It usually has a single large hump, sometimes slightly divided, and is larger than both parents, reaching 230 cm at the shoulder and up to 1000 kg. This type of camel is extremely strong and is useful for hard work such as plowing and carrying loads. It is generally docile and tame. It is fertile.

Pure camel hybrids are mostly found in Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, and Turkey; but they can be found in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan as well.

The F1 can be further hybridized. An F1 female can mate with a male Bactrian camel: the result is a F2 Bactrian. It generally has two humps and is faster than a common Bactrian and stronger than a dromedary. It can walk over snow, ice, and mud and is suitable even for mountain trails; this type can be found mostly in Kazakhstan.

When an F1 female mates with a dromedary, the result is an F2 dromedary, a slightly stronger dromedary and a rare type nowadays.

If a two hump camel mates with a one hump camel - how many humps does the offspring have?

thats flippin easy, one hump obviously! here is the scientific formula:

(2h )+ (-1h) = 1h where 2h = camel with two hump and being of one sex and the other with 1 hump of being the opposite sex, hence I used + and - for sex. here I am assuming the one with two humps is a male, but if on the other hand one with two hump is a female, then the offspring may have no hump, but a dimple! i.e. (-2h) + (1h) = -1h

thats flippin easy, one hump obviously! here is the scientific formula:

(2h )+ (-1h) = 1h where 2h = camel with two hump and being of one sex and the other with 1 hump of being the opposite sex, hence I used + and - for sex. here I am assuming the one with two humps is a male, but if on the other hand one with two hump is a female, then the offspring may have no hump, but a dimple! i.e. (-2h) + (1h) = -1h

Don't you allow gay camels? and doesn't god sit there and dish out humps?

Surely this topic should have the heading "One Hump Or Two"

Apparently camels don't mate very easily, they are assisted by their Arab owners by all accounts.

Oh my whatsit - the ' G ' word isn't permitted. You have broken every law in the Mad Muller from London ' let's be sensible about his and Joe 90 God ' theory. Bugger, I mentioned God. Oh well, another discussion from the the Bible bashers awaits. :D

Oh my whatsit - the ' G ' word isn't permitted. You have broken every law in the Mad Muller from London ' let's be sensible about his and Joe 90 God ' theory. b*****r, I mentioned God. Oh well, another discussion from the the Bible bashers awaits. :D

Well surely all these beasts were on the ark? otherwise we're talking the E word aren't we?

Sponsored Links
Back