Why do we never get it right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's Mrs NStreet's birthday today and all of last week she was saying she did'nt want a fuss or present. So I didn't and now she has a face like a wet weekend and got the right hump. Last anniversary, she said don't bother with apresent, but I thought no, 10 years i'll get a little gift. She moaned for the next week that I had gone against her wishes.

Can one of the lady's out there explain when we are supposed to know what's right, because you do seem to have a strange idea about logic? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I feel sorry for you. It is quite straightforward for me, if I don't buy a present for christmas, birthday or anniversary I have got it horribly horribly wrong [shudder].

We have only been married for 2 years so I have not yet forgotten an anniversary. The problem comes at christmas-time because her birthday is early January so I have to get two gifts in quick succession. Last year the stress of this kept me off work until March.

We were out with some friends last night and got talking about sexy underwear. My wife reminded me that I had once talked about buying her a basque, and told me that she had been quite dissappionted not to have got one for her birthday! I have decided to buy her an early christmas pressie this year, probably today, Anne Summers here we come!!

petewood said:
We have only been married for 2 years so I have not yet forgotten an anniversary.

Just as well, it's all still young and fresh; i'll look forward to seeing your post along similar lines in 8 years :p

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
.......My wife reminded me that I had once talked about buying her a basque ...........

How costly is a spanish gardener these days? ..
Two years down the line, perhaps a corset more suitable...

;)

nstreet said:
It's Mrs NStreet's birthday today and all of last week she was saying she did'nt want a fuss or present. So I didn't and now she has a face like a wet weekend and got the right hump.
Can one of the lady's out there explain when we are supposed to know what's right, because you do seem to have a strange idea about logic? :confused:

Well, I would say: serves her right!
I'm also still at a loss why most of my gender (ladies/girls/females) still don't understand that you gents can't mind read.

But, on the other hand, when I speak my mind (and I normally do) I'm told of :evil: and I'm told by you gent: That's not very 'lady-like' or don't be so blunt.

I don't get it: what do you gents want from us: speaking our mind or behaving like a genteel fragile being :?: :?:

cos your a bloke and never will. If youd have bought her the sexy underwear at the time you would have been accused of only buying it for yourself. You cant wont and never will win! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back