Who can fit a flume diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new deck and have now realised that the boiler (Glow Worm) flume soaks the underside of it. Thanks to this forum I now know about flume diverter kits, which seem just the thing. My question is: Can I install one of these myself, or can my builder do it, or does it have to be done by a heating engineer?
Thanks
Fi

Sponsored Links
I belive that a "Flume" Diverter is a piece of kit associated with Municipal Leisure Swimming Pools!

However I think you are referring to a "PLUME" management Kit
which MUST be fitted by a Gas Registered Engineer with relevent ACS qualification i.e. CCN1 and CCN1 and a CPA1 to test it afterwards!!.

Sponsored Links
Builders are great at knocking up plume divertors. A lot of us have seen some really good examples.

Upload a pic showing the terminal and the decking....

I belive that a "Flume" Diverter is a piece of kit associated with Municipal Leisure Swimming Pools!

However I think you are referring to a "PLUME" management Kit
which MUST be fitted by a Gas Registered Engineer with relevent ACS qualification i.e. CCN1 and CCN1 and a CPA1 to test it afterwards!!.

why would he need core twice ? lol maybe CEN1.
isit a legal requierment now to have CPA1 to fit a boiler ect ? as most manufactures dont require a FGA to commission ?

Sorry- got my flumes and plumes mixed up, maybe because swimming pools are more fun than boilers. The boiler is a glow worm installed about 5 years ago by British gas, before my time in this house. Not sure of the model off hand. The builder said we would need a heating engineer but I have a feeling he isn't aware of the diversion kits for glow worms and wondered if this might change things (and save a few quid). Seems not though!
Thanks for your advice (and a laugh)
Fi
PS when we moved in my kids saw the plume and believed a dragon lived under the house!

Boiler has been there for about 5 years, and we just added the deck.

Oh dear. You may have a problem. The model is neccesary to identify the availability or otherwise of a PMK. You DEFFINITELY need an RGI to check this out, and your builder shouldn't have done the decking without sorting out the boiler question first. A PMK may not neccesarily make this work "right"

Boiler has been there for about 5 years, and we just added the deck.

Who is the second party in the "we"?

Both of you are guilty of fitting decking which interferes with the safe operation of the flue!

Some, even quite recent, Worcester boilers used a flue which will not accept a plume diverter. According to Worcester no other flue can be fitted to those models.

Although it would be contrary to the Manufacturer's instructions I expect that I could probably find a flue which could be used with a diverter.

Tony

Although it would be contrary to the Manufacturer's instructions I expect that I could probably find a flue which could be used with a diverter.

Tony[/quote]

and you would fit it? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back