Who can issue a Periodic Inspection Report

Are you saying that electricians do not, or cannot, get insurance cover for the consequences of their being negligent in what they most commonly do (primarily design, install and maintain electrical installations)?
No. I'm just quoting from my PII documents. If I look at PII for other professionals, I find similar cover — it's for intangibles like intellectual property and so on. I guess electricians' work is covered by other insurance such as PLI but I don't know because I've never needed it.

Will have a good look at my Public Liability and Professional Indemnity later.
I've never had to make a claim - touch wood (as I grasp my head)
In the meantime I suspect that the majority of an electricians work is insured by their Public Liability Insurance.

Sponsored Links
Just read through this and noticed the question about the cost of PI and PL insurance.
My PI is £240 per year which gives me 2m cover. This policy is purely for electrical testing and certification. My PL insurance which covers the rest is £130 per year for 1m cover. I only do domestic work.

The limitation on the cover is my turnover must not exceed 300,000 or 500,000 respectively. That will be the day!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back