Who else thinks...

Sponsored Links
The owners will have the opportunity to demonstrate their innocence.
They won't need your opportunity to demonstrate their innocence because according to English law they are innocent until they are proven guilty.

Which part of English law don't you understand???

They won't need your opportunity to demonstrate their innocence because according to English law they are innocent until they are proven guilty.

Which part of English law don't you understand???
So if I parked my car in a place that says residents only and got a ticket, I would be innocent because they would have to prove that I saw the sign?

Am I understanding that part of English law correctly?

If i read the Lord of Dorkness correctly, he's saying you have to prove he's guilty.

Sponsored Links
So if I parked my car in a place that says residents only and got a ticket, I would be innocent because they would have to prove that I saw the sign?

Am I understanding that part of English law correctly?
Lardy knows best. We know this is true because he has told us repeatedly.

If i read the Lord of Dorkness correctly, he's saying you have to prove he's guilty.
Only beyond reasonable doubt. If the owner feels there is more than reasonable doubt he/she is guilty, he/she will have an opportunity to ahow that. Or not.

The car is obstructing the highway, the Council has plenty of powers to deal with it. Its laughable that they left it there and worked round it. Plenty of reasons why the owner might not be able to move it. And plenty of places for the Council to safely store the car if they wished,

Blup

The car is obstructing the highway, the Council has plenty of powers to deal with it. Its laughable that they left it there and worked round it. Plenty of reasons why the owner might not be able to move it. And plenty of places for the Council to safely store the car if they wished,

Blup
The council is not as powerful as you think it is. Any parked vehicle is obstructing the highway (unless in a specifically marked bay) & may be subject to removal by a police constable for this reason. The council have no such powers unless the vehicle is breaking one of their byelaws or it can be deemed to be abandoned.

The council is not as powerful as you think it is. Any parked vehicle is obstructing the highway (unless in a specifically marked bay) & may be subject to removal by a police constable for this reason. The council have no such powers unless the vehicle is breaking one of their byelaws or it can be deemed to be abandoned.

Which is why getting fook all done has become a labour in this country nowadays.

I'd say "surely it wasn't beyond the wit of Man, to lift the thing and put it safely aside?" but, such lack of common sense gives the lie to that.

I'd say "surely it wasn't beyond the wit of Man, to lift the thing and put it safely aside?" but, such lack of common sense gives the lie to that.
The recovery Co' I'm involved with looked into diversifying into "damage free" lifting contracts but decided against it. A good friend of mine is a barrister who helps to write the contracts that Rolls Royce sell their jet engines on & he said there is no such thing as a damage free lift n shift. The "damage" aspect can be argued to be just simply moving the vehicle from where it was parked.

That & the fact we don't wish the bad karma to fall upon us . . . Or the petrol bombs thru our windows.

The recovery Co' I'm involved with looked into diversifying into "damage free" lifting contracts but decided against it. A good friend of mine is a barrister who helps to write the contracts that Rolls Royce sell their jet engines on & he said there is no such thing as a damage free lift n shift. The "damage" aspect can be argued to be just simply moving the vehicle from where it was parked.

That & the fact we don't wish the bad karma to fall upon us . . . Or the petrol bombs thru our windows.

Yet, if the car gets written off in a shunt, what's it "worth"?

Dave's car is blocking the roadworks.

Lift n shift.

Dave whinges.

£10k?

Still gotta be cheaper than getting the crew out later (not counting the incidental costs of the closure)......

But then, who cares about the costs in this country anyway, any more......

Yet, if the car gets written off in a shunt, what's it "worth"?

Dave's car is blocking the roadworks.

Lift n shift.

Dave whinges.

£10k?

Still gotta be cheaper than getting the crew out later (not counting the incidental costs of the closure)......

But then, who cares about the costs in this country anyway, any more......
Dave can't drive to work the next day & consequently loses his job. Now, Dave is one of the idle unemployed scumbags & his kids live in poverty. His missus leaves him & qualifies for council accomodation shortly after "loser" Dave gets evicted for non payment of rent, but Dave still has his ace up his sleeve. He's going to shoot those bailiffs who come after him for not paying off his car loan.

The council is the highway authority and has a duty to remove obstructions. What do you think happens after vehicle collisions

Blup

Lol at the idea of a sold as seen jet engine, bet its kerb side delivery as well.

Blup

The council is the highway authority and has a duty to remove obstructions. What do you think happens after vehicle collisions

Blup
That's not the council, they might turn up to mop up any fluids & make the highway safe but it's the police who are responsible for clearing RTI vehicles.

Sponsored Links
Back