Who else thinks...

Lol at the idea of a sold as seen jet engine, bet its kerb side delivery as well.

Blup
It's interesting in its complexity, but its rare anyone actually 'buys' the engines, they're mostly all leased.

Sponsored Links
That's not the council, they might turn up to mop up any fluids & make the highway safe but it's the police who are responsible for clearing RTI vehicles.
Councils/highway agency, they all have to remove various obstructions all the time.

Blup

They could have ordered a lift truck and had it away in 5 minutes. It would have been cheaper than leaving it there.

They have no right to compensation for the delays inconvenience. As they clearly did not take appropriate limitation steps.

£200-£300 for a lift truck? Tops. The fact that the council says they couldn’t move it, suggests there may have been a problem with their traffic order and notice. Someone could have lawfully parked there and gone away for the week.

Sponsored Links
So if I parked my car in a place that says residents only and got a ticket, I would be innocent because they would have to prove that I saw the sign?

Am I understanding that part of English law correctly?
Wrong example...

There is a difference between permanent signs and temporary ones...

What if the vehicle owner went on holiday before the temporary signs were put up?

`parking bays are different. They can suspend with only minimal notice. On-street parking is different and if the council did not provide adequate notice, including leaflets, the tickets will be cancelled.

What if the owner parked their car before the permanent signs went up?
Parking rule changes go through several layers of consultation which takes a long time...

And the affected residents get multiple advance warnings via post/leafleting...

As opposed to a few yellow notices affixed to the available 'street furniture' a week or so in advance...

So as I said, the wrong example!

Sponsored Links
Back