Who has still got monochrome tv,s?

Sponsored Links
I got one of them little 6"portable b/w Tv with a radio tuner, classic now. The TV tuner is a dial and you have to rotate to turn between stations, but doesn't work any more due to digital broadcast.
Another infringement on personal choice the closing down of analogue broadcasting, force everyone to go digital then charge them more for inferior programms.

Surely all you need is a freeview set top box and the B/W tele will still work. Same as with an older colour TV.

Surely all you need is a freeview set top box and the B/W tele will still work. Same as with an older colour TV.

Doesn't help when you have 2 or 3 small portable TVs, i also have smaller TFT colour TVs which are no good now! they won't receive a thing, will have to send them to Africa as a gift for some poor chaps up there!

Sponsored Links

You keep using your antique stuff OLD Chap.

we who live in civilised parts of the country have moved forward.
Just a thought- if you're a bit skint- maybe we can have a whip round on here for you . Poor Lamb . :cry:

True, we are now into 3D colour TVs, I was trying out at my brothers, with these special glasses , the effects were phenomenal! a demo video on Sky 3D where a bowl of fruit flies across in all directions and an apple heads all the way as if it is going to strike your head! you almost react to avert it hitting you! its like it is really popping out of the telly all the way across to where you are sitting, unbelievable depth!

We only changed from a BW to a colour licence when we moved to a house where the telly could be seen through the front window :cry:

Another infringement on personal choice the closing down of analogue broadcasting

40+ channels vs 5 channels (if you where lucky to get all 5).

Yes, I can see how it restricts choice :LOL:

My parents only got a colour telly in the last 5 or 6 years and until then we grew up with a black and white set. I still find that a mono picture is ok and even adds a surreal or period look as well as having very good definition which was better than some early colour sets. I've seen some of the old wartime film that has been tinted (WW1 in colour type programmes) but I'm not sure if it adds much. Content and decent scrips are of far more importance as I see it, an early B&W Dads Army or Steptoe are just as watchable and funny. I've also seen 3D films and feel these are often written around the technogolgy , rather than a decent plot, to give us ladders , trains , elephants or whatever coming "out of" the screen.
I do agree up to a point about the loss of the analogue signal , yes we have more choice now in terms of viewing but we have had energy hungrey digital services forced upon us.

Sponsored Links
Back