Who knew? Emergency alert mobile phone test

Sponsored Links
Some people have "secret" phones that are kept hidden from abusive / controlling partners. The phone can be used in emergency to call for help.

The emergency alert test may cause these phones to sound and thus make the abusive partner aware of the phone. It is suggested that these covert phones be switched off at the time of the test.

The emergency alert test may cause these phones to sound and thus make the abusive partner aware of the phone. It is suggested that these covert phones be switched off at the time of the test.
Even if set to silent, they will still sound !!!!!!
May cause a lot of issues ........ in those situations

Sponsored Links
Even if set to silent, they will still sound !!!!!!
May cause a lot of issues ........ in those situations
No the alert can still be turned off but it has to be properly turned off as it will be on by default. I've already turned mine off.

Obviously but who gives a **** about them, do you really think those in abusive relationships do not have second phones too? Idiot.

inappropriate content deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a need for such an 'emergency warning'? Its supposed to be used only if there is an iminent risk of death/injury.
I have trouble thinking of any recent emergency where an early warning system would have prevented a death.
I can understand in places like the USA where tornadoes are a regular occurance and can form at short notice.

AFAIK it's suggested that it is to be used when major floods are due, it will be targeted at those in flood risk areas.

Although we all know that it's for when the russkies launch their nukes so we can kiss our asses goodbye.

Yep it’s all to do with the Russians
Nuking the UK

Hear yer phone going off best get under a table (y)

Is there a need for such an 'emergency warning'?
Governments, for some reason - perhaps job creation, like to scare us with pretend emergencies. There is only one national emergency at present: the invasion on the south coast, but, of course, our Government is playing this down. Nothing to see here! Apart from the invasion I have never known a genuine nationwide, life-or-death emergency in Britain in my lifetime.

Is there a need for such an 'emergency warning'? Its supposed to be used only if there is an iminent risk of death/injury.
I have trouble thinking of any recent emergency where an early warning system would have prevented a death.
I can understand in places like the USA where tornadoes are a regular occurance and can form at short notice.

I'm sure the residents of Whaley Bridge, would have been very grateful for such a system, when the Toddbrook Reservoir was a risk of flooding the town.

Sponsored Links
Back