Why not?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Sponsored Links
Wouldnt the cost be dependant on the level of charges the European mobile networks will set for carrying the call / data.

Yes, but EU forbids charging more - and I thought all EU laws had been transfered to UK law.

Raab says he cannot guarantee this will continue yet he seems to think he can limit data roaming charges.

Do you think what he reportedly says in the article makes sense?

Yes, but EU forbids charging more - and I thought all EU laws had been transfered to UK law.

Raab says he cannot guarantee this will continue yet he seems to think he can limit data roaming charges.

Do you think what he reportedly says in the article makes sense?

I had assumed the EU forbids charging more only to EU members. Ex EU members.....thats gonna be double bubble

Ill have a read what Raab says.

Sponsored Links
I had assumed the EU forbids charging more only to EU members.
That may be so, but it would seem to be one of the easier aggreements to continue if the UK agrees to maintain the regulation as well.

Of course the Tories might not want to limit their pals charges. If so, why limit the data charges?

It's a relatively new thing anyway, these cheaper roaming charges abroad. I guess people will just have to go back to the old way, don't use the bloomin phone on holiday! And if working, go get a local sim card once the plane lands. Of all the things I'm concerned about with brexit, roaming charges isn't up there.

It's just an example of a deal that currently exists. At the moment, we are members. If we resign, and don't have new deals, all deals are off.

This is one of the smallest and most insignificant ones.

The UK has no right to say what happens in foreign countries. Obviously they're taking back control and we no longer have a vote or a seat in the chamber.

New arrangements for flying aircraft over foreign countries will also need to be made. So will arrangements for passports and visas. Food exports. Cross-border banking. Pensions paid in other countries. Recognition of professional qualifications. We all know that. Only a fool would opt for a "no deal" exit.

Deals take time, effort, common sense, and experienced bureaucrats. We've already had more that two years and haven't even agreed what our objectives are yet.

Tick, tock.

BorisShag.png

Sod,

You won't mind going back to the British way and being ripped off again, then.

My point was more concerned with Raab and whether what he is saying is true.

or at least be clear that no deal means reciprocal controls and tariff on imports. The manufacturers seem to think that the controls will be one sided and that the only answer is to ship overseas.

Personally I think Chequers will happen, we'll end up paying more than we want to get it. Subsequent leaders downstream will then seek to tweak it. I personally don't care if we cancel the idea, go hard or soft anymore. I was only just swayed by leave originally.

or at least be clear that no deal means reciprocal controls and tariff on imports. The manufacturers seem to think that the controls will be one sided and that the only answer is to ship overseas.

Personally I think Chequers will happen, we'll end up paying more than we want to get it. Subsequent leaders downstream will then seek to tweak it. I personally don't care if we cancel the idea, go hard or soft anymore. I was only just swayed by leave originally.

So what is the whole point of it anyway? What great benefit do we get?

The arguments for trade as put forward by the EFT and pushed by Rees Mogg ERG are a joke. So I can only see the benefit accruing to a few with a hard or no deal Brexit which is disaster capitalism. I wouldn't mind being at a Sovereign wealth fund ready to pick up some assets on the cheap.

I had assumed the EU forbids charging more only to EU members. Ex EU members.....thats gonna be double bubble
But I thought all the deals were going to be so easy :rolleyes:

Ill have a read what Raab says.
And believe what he says?

Anyway, the 'EU laws into UK law' is a red herring.
Any minister can alter/abolish them at any time with the swipe of a pen!

Seen the light? Softening your stance?

Or like a couple others, not want to be held responsible for what the vote meant?

There are a couple on here, and I know a few in life generally who are backing down from the brexit stance. But I don't know anybody that has changed from remain to leave!

Sod,

You won't mind going back to the British way and being ripped off again, then.

My point was more concerned with Raab and whether what he is saying is true.
Of course nobody wants to pay more but this is the kind of thing we are going to expect leaving. I didn't mean to sound dismissive earlier, but I hear of so many things that may possibly go bad on brexit, roaming charges for me isn't that important if you know what I mean.

He said that he was going to push for a limit, but not an outright ban of increased charges. Some of the phone operators have already said that they would not increase charges in the event of a no deal brexit, so sounds like it may all be ok anyway?

Seen the light? Softening your stance?

Or like a couple others, not want to be held responsible for what the vote meant?

There are a couple on here, and I know a few in life generally who are backing down from the brexit stance. But I don't know anybody that has changed from remain to leave!

None of the above. My preferred option wasn't on offer - go back and get a better deal. I don't have much faith that whatever is agreed now will be sticky for very long. So the deal isn't hugely relevant.

Sponsored Links
Back