Why are we planning to weaken our data laws?

Sponsored Links
There are currently 5.8 million crimes a year in England and Wales. (ons.gov.uk), that works out to 15,890 crimes per day.
Forgetting for a moment that the vast majority of these crimes would have been perpetrated by UK Nationals.

Why would the UK police need to access Europols computer 1.5 million times per day?

Ive provided the evidence, Its not up to me to justify it.

If you dont like it take it up with the source.
https://news.npcc.police.uk/release...ooperate-with-the-eu-in-event-of-no-deal-exit

So you're saying the reason the number of searches is not far off ten times the population of the UK is because they spelled the criminals name wrong.

*** me.
over to you, I provided the evidence, its not up to me to justify it......you thinks it wrong, fine please go ahead and prove it

Sponsored Links
Notch won't notice, he can't spell either.(y)
I notice Fillyboy hasn't been able to disprove the figures I quoted.

I'm sure Fillyboy will be along soon to admit his point scoring failed.........esp as the UK will see a net loss of security due to Brexit.

Security like everything else will be worse off post Brexit.

Fillyboy is now up in the HMS Brexit crows nest desperately hoping for good news whilst the ship sinks.
It's not a happy place to be

I notice Fillyboy hasn't been able to disprove the figures I quoted.

I'm sure Fillyboy will be along soon to admit his point scoring failed.........esp as the UK will see a net loss of security due to Brexit.

Security like everything else will be worse off post Brexit.

Fillyboy is now up in the HMS Brexit crows nest desperately hoping for good news whilst the ship sinks.
It's not a happy place to be

Who but an idiot would believe that UK plod access the Europol computer 17 times a second and who but a moron thinks that we receive more intel from the EU than they receive from us.

Who but an idiot would believe that UK plod access the Europol computer 17 times a second and who but a moron thinks that we receive more intel from the EU than they receive from us.
Thank you for confirming you have no counter argument.

Back to the drawing board for you.

Ohh filly......

https://www.cbronline.com/news/sis-ii-brexit

As usual you don't know what you are talking about. You assumed it was for searches alone. It's mainly a CRUD system.

The European Union’s Second Generation Schengen Information System (SIS II) was accessed by the UK over 500 million times last year.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/french-firm-hosted-unlawful-copy-of-sis-data-for-uk-report/

The UK police, which currently searches the SIS II automatically, checked the system 603 million times last year. However, a no-deal Brexit would see the UK law enforcement agencies lose access to the SIS II, and fall back on an alternative Interpol system, the I-24/7 database.

For those who don't work in IT CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update, Delete.. more commonly known as a relational database system. The article on the illegal copying doesn't make a lot of sense when you read the document describing the system architecture (i.e. distributed Oracle Database). It would appear to have been authorised use. The copy being held by the IT contractors might not have been though..

anyway its the same old data being spouted 79.5m alert records (small enough ro fit on a laptop) with 30 countries having access for around 5 years. The half a billion queries seems a bit odd, perhaps one of the resident DIYnot IT experts can advise them where the missing index is needed.

Last edited:
For those who don't work in IT CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update, Delete.. more commonly known as a relational database system. The article on the illegal copying doesn't make a lot of sense when you read the document describing the system architecture (i.e. distributed Oracle Database). It would appear to have been authorised use. The copy being held by the IT contractors might not have been though..

anyway its the same old data being spouted 79.5m alert records (small enough ro fit on a laptop) with 30 countries having access for around 5 years. The half a billion queries seems a bit odd, perhaps one of the resident DIYnot IT experts can advise them where the missing index is needed.
Depends how you are querying the data and what you're counting as a query. Half a billion isn't that many queries for anything with a computer involved. Indexes help you avoid table scans and improve throughput and reduce latency, but to reduce the number of queries then you need to structure your SQL better.

FWIW CRUD doesn't even restrict you to a relational database. They're fundamental operations that you perform on any data. Relational database, data lake or text file, it's all CRUD when you get down to the details.

79 Million records is pretty small, assuming they are just simple text data, but of there's video material (possible but unlikely) then it might require a very large laptop.

Sponsored Links
Back