Mobile phone 'kill switch'...

It's already started. And SM's aint going to stop laddie, especially for frightened luddites like yourself. Great money saving devices. Long may their popularity continue.

Never had my meter inspected. Not been informed that my meter is likely to be inspected in the future. I guess I'm just like the millions of other SM beneficiaries that fall under... unless we consent to other arrangements. (y)

Regular inspections my arse, lol.
You truly do struggle with the written word dont you and is see your now not saying your meter has never been read .
Oh look at what your supplier says . As required by LAW

Sponsored Links
You truly do struggle with the written word dont you and is see your now not saying your meter has never been read .
Inspected. I get that it's a long word. (y)

I'm on a SM, I don't need to have my meter read, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gassy struggles with long words, bless him.
Yes, but you also took his link - that if you had read it, would have supported your view...
And then quoted...
Gas and electricity suppliers have a licence obligation to inspect their customers’ meters at least every two years, unless we consent to other arrangements.
:unsure:

You're both as bad as each other! ;)

Inspected. I get that it's a long word. (y)

I'm on a SM, I don't need to have my meter read, thanks.
oh i see you clearly struggle with what a meter reader also carries out at the time of a reading . mind i can see you struggling to do two things at once .
And i see your still struggling that your supplier will send someone out as its the law regardless of what meter you have

Blimey you two! :rolleyes:

The document linked above is about proposed changes to the meter inspection regimen in 2015.
Prior to 2015, the inspection of meters would have (should have ;) ) been every two years - although BG already had dispensation to expand the test period, on a trial basis.
Since the proposal was accepted (which had a lot to do with the uptake of smart meters!), the inspection frequency is now determined by the supplier on a risk based approach.
so in simple terms it is still inspected glad we cleared that up

oh i see you clearly struggle with what a meter reader also carries out at the time of a reading . mind i can see you struggling to do two things at once .
And i see your still struggling that your supplier will send someone out as its the law regardless of what meter you have
Smart meters record your energy use in the same way as a traditional meter but then send the readings automatically to your energy supplier at regular intervals, allowing them to prepare an accurate bill.
Your smart meter measures how much gas and electricity you use and securely shares this directly with your energy supplier at least once a month and your portable in-home display in near real time. You won't have to take any meter readings manually - your smart meter will send automatic readings to your energy
supplier via the secure smart data network

No need for meter readings here, thanks.

No inspections required or booked in either.

Do you take much notice of anything gassy posts?
do we take any notice of your ramblings clearly your senility is progressing . i see we are still waiting on your proof about mobile phones

so in simple terms it is still inspected glad we cleared that up
Yes. The upshot is that manual meter readers are no longer needed. And if those that own the Smart Meter see anything suspicious they will take a look - in order to save even more money, no doubt.

Win/win. (y)

Smart meters record your energy use in the same way as a traditional meter but then send the readings automatically to your energy supplier at regular intervals, allowing them to prepare an accurate bill.
Your smart meter measures how much gas and electricity you use and securely shares this directly with your energy supplier at least once a month and your portable in-home display in near real time. You won't have to take any meter readings manually - your smart meter will send automatic readings to your energy
supplier via the secure smart data network

No need for meter readings here, thanks.

No inspections required or booked in either.
Straight from your supplier .
For safety reasons and as required by law,
we will still send an authorised meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time.

i see we are still waiting on your proof about mobile phones
We? Mottie was satisfied that my bills received a wee blip owing to European holidays and data usage therein. You on the other hand are an insignificant part of the thread. I need show you nothing to verify my phone usage.

Straight from your supplier .
For safety reasons and as required by law,
we will still send an authorised meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time.
Time to time, lol. That'll frighten the cannabis perps, I'm sure.(y)

If I do ever get my meter inspected, I will let you know. Meanwhile, meter readers/readings are a thing of the past for this chicken.

We? Mottie was satisfied that my bills received a wee blip owing to European holidays and data usage therein. You on the other hand are an insignificant part of the thread. I need show you nothing to verify my phone usage.
But you said were going to provide proof and just had to hide a few personal details before putting it up .
Yet more lies from yourself as per usual

Sponsored Links
Back