Who prefers the look of plastic over copper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In response to a recent challenge, this question is intended to be in the manner of a survey.

Without entering into a debate about the technical merits of each type of pipe material (because there are abundant debates elsewhere), please could anyone who prefers the look of plastic pipe in preference to the look of copper pipe, post their preference here?

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
Depends what sort of plastic pipe - the semi industrial stuff like ABS/PVC looks good when neatly done. Have to say that even stuff like Speedfit and Hep20 looks OK if clipped properly. Looks better than the skanky old 1970's copper I had in my house anyway . I won't deny that well installed copper with neatly finished joins looks better - but how often do you actually see that - more often it's blobs of solder everywhere!
If it was all that lovely highly polished stuff you sometimes see then no competition - but it aint.

PS - and I prefer the look of the bill when working with bigger stuff!

Sponsored Links
so was it you who I saw polishing the sparge pipe in the Gents @ Kings Cross :eek: ;) :LOL:

as has been says you cannot whack a bit of copper after you have gone spare scrubbing it with wire wool

luvverly

plastic looks like captain DIY has been to town

yuck

Definitely copper over plastic any day, as long as it has been installed well.

Although I would like to add that a poor job in copper can also be VERY UGLY. (but that wasn't the question).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back