who shot the biker

Hi Jim (Spark).
I am also a pensioner and as such don't really understand your support of these so called liberal views. Sqauddies are reknown for their warped sometimes crude sense of humour. Maybe this crudity is bourne out of adversity, and if this gives some release to the undoubted stress and tension to which they are subject then so be it. That sort of humour was confined to the barracks and was conducted under conditions most people cannot begin to imagine.
The offensive comments to which I refer were not stated under any stress what so ever and were not made to release any stressful situation. They were made I am sure, out of contempt to the Biking Community the majority of which are very nice people. Such comments should remain in the barrack room for those who get relief from listening to it and do not belong in the public domain.
Liberalisation does not give support to Offensive comments, but we see a decline in the standards in society as a consequence of an ever increasing liberiisation which is, I believe, largly as a result of people not having been subject to the hardships you and your colleages have endured.
To be offended by such comments when I have no connection with the unfortunate biker involved is I think understandable as such comments reflect the ever declining standards of society in general, where it appears you can say what you like, and do what you like, when you like, and to whom you like, without any respect to other members of the Public. You only have to walk down any high street to witness this decline from both male and female. You will no doubt remember, as I do, a far more respectful period in our society were people respected others and confined bad language and behaviour to where it was appreciated and not subjected the rest of us to it.
I remain surprised at you support of the comments.

Sponsored Links
as a biker myself it is a long standing comment between bikers what most volvo drivers think about bikers as per the offending remark,and as i have already posted were are all the cameras :oops: the good news is 3 arrest's have been made,lets see were that leads.with our lemon dip judges. get a bike and join us chill out ;) :cool:

Hysteresis said:
Hi Jim (Spark).
I am also a pensioner and as such don't really understand your support of these so called liberal views. Sqauddies are reknown for their warped sometimes crude sense of humour. Maybe this crudity is bourne out of adversity, and if this gives some release to the undoubted stress and tension to which they are subject then so be it. That sort of humour was confined to the barracks and was conducted under conditions most people cannot begin to imagine.
The offensive comments to which I refer were not stated under any stress what so ever and were not made to release any stressful situation. They were made I am sure, out of contempt to the Biking Community the majority of which are very nice people. Such comments should remain in the barrack room for those who get relief from listening to it and do not belong in the public domain.
Liberalisation does not give support to Offensive comments, but we see a decline in the standards in society as a consequence of an ever increasing liberiisation which is, I believe, largly as a result of people not having been subject to the hardships you and your colleages have endured.
To be offended by such comments when I have no connection with the unfortunate biker involved is I think understandable as such comments reflect the ever declining standards of society in general, where it appears you can say what you like, and do what you like, when you like, and to whom you like, without any respect to other members of the Public. You only have to walk down any high street to witness this decline from both male and female. You will no doubt remember, as I do, a far more respectful period in our society were people respected others and confined bad language and behaviour to where it was appreciated and not subjected the rest of us to it.
I remain surprised at you support of the comments.

Well I am truly shocked at your command of our fine language. You obviously did not either read my posts correctly, or understand what I was saying. Your interpretation is as way off as your speeling :rolleyes: , did you not see the spell check button? :arrow:

Anyway, your comments show little understanding of men, and woman for that matter, who have experienced the trauma of combat or the stress of highly pressured jobs that bring the people face to face with tragedy and death as a consequence of doing their job.

I did not condone the comment, I simply expressed an opinion as to why the comment may have been made and that it was not intended maliciously, even if it was in extremely poor taste. As for calling me a Liberal, I very much doubt that, my political views are not for public discussion, however they are far from Liberal in the way you mean the insult.

Before posting in future, may I request that you read the posts your commenting on, and then think about what you want to say and how it will come across and further, PLEASE use the spell check facility, it is neither rocket science nor difficult.

Many thanks

Jim

billyo said:
as a biker myself it is a long standing comment between bikers what most volvo drivers think about bikers as per the offending remark,and as i have already posted were are all the cameras :oops: the good news is 3 arrest's have been made,lets see were that leads.with our lemon dip judges. get a bike and join us chill out ;) :cool:

That really is good news, it is sad however that due to the liberalisation of sentencing by Judges they will likely get a few years inside and then let out early to ease overcrowding. Personally, if these are the men, and they can be shown to be guilty beyond a true reasonable doubt, I would stand them against a wall and ...well you know the rest. The worst thing this nation ever did was get rid of the ultimate sentence for murder, especially cold blooded and cowardly murder.

Incidentally, I drive two Volvos, an Estate and a saloon. I do not think anything about Bikers other than I hope they get home safe. I used to ride Bikes years ago, I had a Norton Commando, but sadly I am now too old to partake in such delights. I would think that most car drivers, regardless of their ride, would actually wish any harm to any biker, even those who give bikers a bad name. The Scooter riders may be a different story however, and I think many bikers feel the same way about the scooter riders too. They are a menace to other road users.!

Sponsored Links
Sparky Jim said:
<snip> it is sad however that due to the liberalisation of sentencing by Judges they will likely get a few years inside and then let out early to ease overcrowding. <snip>

The judges are constrained by various guidelines, most of which are set by politicians.

The Scooter riders may be a different story however, and I think many bikers feel the same way about the scooter riders too. They are a menace to other road users.!

They would be a menace whatever form of transport they used, but then some motorists who may be slating scooter riders may give little consideration about the limited performance of scooters. They may consider them a menace merely because they obstruct the expected breakneck speed of the car driver. The car driver would, of course, be a careful, considerate road user if asked.

Your interpretation is as way off as your speeling , did you not see the spell check button?

Oh! Jim - You have really lost it. Spelling Indeed!
Words of 'Kettle' and 'Black' spring to mind not to mention 'Grumpy Old Man'
Your military training seems to have missed out the bit about reasoned argument and self expression.

jim loads of these guns that are putting the sh##s up us all are coming in from former foreign military personal, how do they get them in hear,and into the hands of kids,and nutters.give us a clue :eek: :cry:

Hysteresis said:
Your interpretation is as way off as your speeling , did you not see the spell check button?

Oh! Jim - You have really lost it. Spelling Indeed!
Words of 'Kettle' and 'Black' spring to mind not to mention 'Grumpy Old Man'
Your military training seems to have missed out the bit about reasoned argument and self expression.

Oh Yawn...could you not see the rolling eyes, do you not understand sarcasm or humour of any description? You poor man, I will dig out my very small violin and play a tune for you. :LOL:

billyo said:
jim loads of these guns that are putting the sh##s up us all are coming in from former foreign military personal, how do they get them in hear,and into the hands of kids,and nutters.give us a clue :eek: :cry:

Is this not a question for the Police and Politicians to answer. I have no more an answer to this question than anyone else on the forum. I could hazard guesses and suggestion solutions, but I could be simply talking out of my derry air as I only know what I read and hear.

Sponsored Links
Back